Quick and easy guacamole recipe made with 5 ingredients. Perfect appetizer or snack! You’ll never buy store-bought guacamole again!
SOME TIPS FOR THE BEST GUACAMOLE RECIPE:
- Make sure to add the chopped tomatoes and salt last. Tomatoes can make the entire guacamole watery because of its water content. No one wants mushy guac. After mashing everything, top the guacamole with the chopped tomatoes then add salt to the tomatoes. The salt is absorbed quickly by the tomato which means less water in your guac. OH YEAH!
- Place the guac in an air-tight container. Add lime juice over the top then cover with plastic wrap, pressed directly on top of the guac. The best way to keep it from browning is to prevent any oxygen from getting in. Don’t let it breathe! You can store the guac in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
That’s it! Add this to your to-do list cuz it really is THE BEST GUACAMOLE RECIPE!
I hope you make it and you LOVE it!
Easy + Healthy Homemade Guacamole
- 2 large ripe Hass avocados pitted and cut in cubes
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you want more heat)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 small tomato diced
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- In a bowl, add the avocado and mash using a whisk (GAME CHANGER!).
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of pepper. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Top the guacamole with the diced tomatoes. Add salt on top of the tomatoes. This way the tomatoes soak up the salt and the guacamole mixture itself is not overly salty. Stir until all is well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Serve with chips and enjoy!
Looking for other sauce ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce
This page contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. Do understand that I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)