Quick and easy guacamole recipe made with 5 ingredients. Perfect appetizer or snack! You’ll never buy store-bought guacamole again!
Everyone has their own version of guac that they love – this is mine! It’s a simple recipe with few ingredients. Most of all, homemade guacamole will ALWAYS beat out store-bought.
Plus it’s healthy! Avocados are high in monosaturated fat which is healthy in moderation. It’s also high in fiber and helps reduce your risk of getting heart disease and reduces inflammation in the body.
How To Use Guacamole
- Add it on avocado toast.
- Enjoy a spoonful with eggs in the morning.
- Spread some on sandwiches.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips.
- Use it as a substitute for mayo. I use it all the time for tuna and chicken salad!
Tips to make the best guacamole!
- Use a whisk to mash the avocado. I promise it’s such a game changer!
- If you’re adding tomatoes, make sure to salt to the actual tomatoes instead of the entire guacamole. The salt is absorbed quickly by the tomato which means less water in your guac.
- Careful not to overseason or go overboard with heat. Start with a pinch and go on from there.
How do I keep guacamole from getting brown?
- Place the guac in an air-tight container.
- Add lime juice over the top then cover with plastic wrap, pressed directly on top of the guac.
- The best way to keep it from browning is to prevent any oxygen from getting in.
- You can store the guac in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
That’s it! Add this to your to-do list cuz it really is THE BEST GUACAMOLE RECIPE!
Looking for more ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce
I hope you make it and you LOVE it!
Quick, Easy & Healthy Homemade Guacamole
- 2 large Hass avocados ripe and pitted
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional add-ons: sliced jalapeños, chopped tomatoes, red pepper flakes, everything bagel seasoning, serrano peppers, chipotles in adobo sauce, queso fresco
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- In a bowl, add the avocado and mash using a whisk (GAME CHANGER!). Add the red onion, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Stir to combine all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Serve with chips and enjoy!
Originally posted in February 2016; Updated recipe and photos in April 2019.
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. Do understand that I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)