A delicious way to enjoy canned tuna! These spicy lime tuna cakes are made with garlic, onions, chili powder, fresh lime juice then served with a simple yogurt sauce and arugula salad.
Guys! These spicy lime tuna cakes are SO flavorful!
Growing up, I wasn’t always the biggest fan of tuna. Granted, if there was a hurricane and there was no power – canned tuna was life. #MiamiLife
I will say however my mom always made sure to flavor up tuna as best as possible so that was always a win.
In the same spirit, I bring you this quick, easy, deliciously healthy way to enjoy canned (or pouches of) tuna!
And if you’re wondering, yes, they’re as easy to make as they sound, I promise. You know I will never steer you wrong!
Once you empty out the tuna into a bowl (or into a food processor), you mash it up with all the ingredients. Make patties, pan fry them with a little bit of olive oil and that’s it! The yogurt sauce compliments the spiciness of the tuna cakes so perfectly. And the arugula salad? So fresh and so (clean clean) lemony.
This entire meal is an explosion of flavor and perfect for any time of the week.
I can’t wait for you guys to make this!
Spicy Lime Tuna Cakes
- 9 ounces good quality canned tuna, (I used Blue Harbor Wild Albacore Tuna with Sea Salt - it's my fave!)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder, (depending on spicy preference)
- Juice from 2 limes, divided
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Lime wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Salt + pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add tuna, red onion, garlic, chili powder, and juice from 1 lime. Stir to mix. Add bread crumbs, egg, and salt + pepper to taste. Mix all together until well combined. Shape the tuna mixture into 1-inch thick patties.
- In a skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat and pan fry tuna patties for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add Greek yogurt, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, dill, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toss arugula with remaining tablespoon olive oil, remaining tablespoon lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Serve tuna cakes with yogurt sauce, lime wedges and arugula salad. Enjoy!
You may also like:
- 20 Easy Recipes Made With Pantry Staples
- Blackened Salmon Burgers with Queso Fresco Cream Cheese Spread
- 15-Minute Garlic Butter Blackened Scallops
Blue Harbor Fish Co. sponsored me to do an Instagram post but I loved this recipe SO MUCH I just had to share it on the blog! #BlueHarborFishCo