Soft, rich, guilt-free, refined sugar-free, homemade double chocolate banana muffins. Perfect for breakfast and ready in just 30 minutes!
What if I told you that you can totally have chocolate for breakfast? I KNOW RIGHT. #goalsAF
But seriously, if you can have chocolate for breakfast AND it’s healthy for you? Sign me UP. Well, I present to you… healthy double chocolate banana muffins! I don’t know about you but I’m always on the hunt for easy breakfast ideas.
These muffins are the best way to use up those ripe bananas you have on the counter. Well, you can also use those ripe bananas to make these chocolate chip banana muffins OR the best chocolate chip banana bread in the world but I digress.
These chocolate muffins are so soft and rich. You’ll want to have more than one! I usually enjoy one with a tall glass of cold milk. Mmmm. The best part is that they are super easy to make and are made with wholesome ingredients so you can enjoy them guilt-free. Not to mention, they are a perfect size too!
For these muffins, I used honey instead of sugar so they are refined-sugar free plus the Greek yogurt gives them that extra boost of protein (and their soft, moist consistency). These chocolate muffins are ready in just 30 minutes and can even be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months!
How To Make Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Make the muffin batter. In a bowl, add bananas, honey, oil, yogurt, vanilla, and egg. Mix until well combined. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix until well combined then fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake the muffins! Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Go grab those bananas from the freezers or the ones sitting on your counter and put them to good use!
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add bananas, honey, oil, yogurt, vanilla and egg. Mix until well combined. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix until well combined then fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes then serve!