Soft, rich, guilt-free, refined sugar-free, homemade double chocolate banana muffins. Perfect for breakfast and ready in just 30 minutes!
What if I told you that you can totally have chocolate for breakfast?
I KNOW RIGHT. #goalsAF
But seriously, if you can have chocolate for breakfast AND it’s healthy for you?
Sign me UP.
Well, I present to you… healthy double chocolate banana muffins!
I don’t know about you but I’m always on the hunt for easy breakfast ideas.
These muffins are the best way to use up those ripe bananas you have on the counter.
These healthy double chocolate banana muffins are so soft and rich. You’ll want to have more than one!
I usually enjoy one with a tall glass of cold milk. Mmmm.
The best part is that they are super easy to make and are made with wholesome ingredients so you can enjoy them guilt-free. Not to mention, they are the perfect size too!
I always hated those HUGE chocolate muffins from hospital coffee shops or when you’re on a road trip and you stop at one of those rest stops.
I could never finish those giant things!
Plus they were often way too sweet, even for me. And I love sweet stuff. They also tasted artificial af.
For these muffins, I used honey instead of sugar so they are refined-sugar free plus the Greek yogurt gives them that extra boost of protein (and their soft, moist consistency).
These double chocolate banana muffins are ready in just 30 minutes and can even be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months!
What else could you want!?
So go grab those bananas from the freezers or the ones sitting on your counter and put them to good use!
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
Other recipes with ripe bananas:
- super moist chocolate chip banana bread
- chocolate banana bread
- banana chocolate chip muffins
- chocolate hazelnut banana bread
- nutella stuffed banana muffins
- almond butter & guava jelly banana muffins
- banana almond butter ice cream
- double chocolate banana muffins
Healthy Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 3-4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add bananas, honey, oil, yogurt, vanilla and egg. Mix until well combined. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix until well combined then fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes then serve!
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)