Easy-to-make, smoky, blackened salmon burgers made with smoked paprika, cayenne, brown sugar, thyme, oregano and a cool, creamy queso fresco cream cheese spread!
It should come at no surprise that I love my fish, blackened. Every time I go out to eat and order fish, I usually ask for it blackened.
I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to share these blackened salmon burgers.
But hey, here we are.
These blackened salmon burgers are smoky, a little spicy, and perfectly tender. Not to mention, they are SO easy to make! This all came together in less than 30 minutes.
Also, can we just talk about this queso fresco cream cheese? IT’S SOOO GOOD.
Over Memorial Day weekend, I was at a friend’s house and she made this queso fresco cream cheese as a dip. I fell in love with its flavor and I knew I had to somehow incorporate it into one of my recipes.
Well, what could be better than the cool, creamy, fresh taste of queso fresco cheese cheese mixed with the smoky, spicy flavor of blackened salmon burgers?
Sounds like a match made in heaven to me!
I hope you make this and LOVE it!
Blackened Salmon Burgers with Queso Fresco Cream Cheese
BLACKENED SALMON BURGERS
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 pound wild salmon boneless, skin removed
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- olive oil for cooking
- 4 toasted buns
- micro greens for garnish
- sliced cucumber for garnish
- sliced avocado for garnish, optional
- lime wedges for serving sliced
QUESO FRESCO CREAM CHEESE
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup queso fresco
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- salt + pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix together smoked paprika, cayenne, brown sugar, thyme oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut salmon into small chunks. In a food processor, pulse the salmon and panko crumbs until ground. Form ground salmon into 4 burger patties.
- In a hot skillet, add olive oil. Cook salmon burgers on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook. Transfer to a plate.
- While the salmon burgers cool, make the queso fresco cream cheese spread. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, queso fresco, garlic, onion powder, chives, salt and pepper.
- To assemble, smear cheese mixture on toasted buns, add salmon burgers, sliced cucumbers, and micro greens. Serve and enjoy!
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)