This post is sponsored by the Marine Stewardship Council. All opinions are my own.
You guys know how much I love seafood! I’m always looking for ways to make dinner easy and delicious. Several people have mentioned to me that making salmon at home is intimidating for them. So today, I’m here to say that it doesn’t have to be!
I’m sharing these Spicy Salmon Cakes with Avocado Crema in honor of National Seafood Month!
Seafood is a healthy, delicious source of protein and our last major food source that’s truly wild and worth preserving. Certified sustainable seafood is available at every price point and budget. For example, I purchased this package of MSC certified sustainable seafood Whole Catch Wild-caught Sockeye Salmon Fillets from Whole Foods!
It’s easy to support healthy oceans by purchasing certified sustainable seafood with the @MSCbluefish label! The MSC is a global nonprofit working to create a sustainable seafood movement, which means ensuring our oceans are full of the yummy seafood we all love, forever. You can distinguish certified sustainable seafood by the MSC’s blue fish label on products. MSC certified sustainable seafood is available in the canned/pouched section, frozen aisle, fresh fish counter, as well as in supplements and pet foods.
Let me show you how easy it is to make these Spicy Salmon Cakes!
How To Make Spicy Salmon Cakes with Avocado Crema
First things first, we have to make the avocado crema. In a food processor, add avocado, sour cream, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, and salt. Pulse until smooth. Set aside. Now we make the salmon cakes. In a food processor, add salmon and pulse on high speed until finely ground.
In a skillet, heat about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown and cooked throughout, about 4 minutes per side. That’s all folks! How easy was that!
I served these Spicy Salmon Cakes over a bed of arugula with a dollop of the avocado crema. They were DELICIOUS! You can also add a squeeze a lime for good measure.
Can’t wait for you guys to make this recipe!
Spicy Salmon Cakes with Avocado Crema
- 1 large avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Pinch of salt
SPICY SALMON CAKES
- 2 packages Whole Foods Whole Catch Wild-caught Sockeye Salmon Fillets skin removed and cut in cubes
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil for cooking
- In a food processor, add avocado, sour cream, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, and salt. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add salmon and pulse on high speed until finely ground.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in chipotle powder, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, egg, and panko bread crumbs.
- Using your hands, form 6-8 salmon cakes. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown and cooked throughout, about 4 minutes per side. Serve salmon cakes with a dollop of avocado crema. Enjoy!
Thank you Marine Stewardship Council for sponsoring this post and a HUGE thank you to all the readers of this blog for all your support! xo