Shrimp ceviche stuffed avocados made with red onion, cucumber, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and orange juice. Simple healthy snack, appetizer or light lunch!
Considering I’m constantly either in the kitchen or shooting in my living room (yep, that’s where I shoot all my photos), I always need my daily meals to be simple and quick. I just don’t have the time to eat lavish, healthy meals. And I’m sure you don’t either.
Enter these shrimp ceviche stuffed avocados.
This recipe is ready in minutes with more than half the time being hands off. I am all about that!
How good does that shrimp ceviche look!?
How To “Cook” The Shrimp
There’s actually no “cooking” involved in this recipe because ceviche is usually made with raw fish.
The actual cooking process is done by the citrus which cooks the fish while it is marinating. Marinating fish in citrus acts the same way as if you were heating the fish. It firms it up and provides a refreshing, tart flavor. Honestly, it feels like you’re on a beach vacation.
At first, I was skeptical about this way of “cooking” fish but as long as you don’t marinate it for more than 30 minutes, it’s safe to eat.
Once the ceviche is ready, just scoop itinto ripe avocados and you’re good to go!
So don’t just stand there…go make this super easy recipe now!
Shrimp Ceviche Stuffed Avocados
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 jalapeño finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 large ripe avocados cut in half, skins and pits removed
- Lime wedges
- In a bowl, add the chopped raw shrimp, red onion, cucumber, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, orange juice, salt and pepper. Stir and chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon the ceviche into the hollow in each avocado half and serve chilled with lime wedges. Enjoy!