Easy to make, moist, flavorful, and healthy turkey meatballs made with few ingredients and no breadcrumbs. Low carb, gluten-free, and ready in 10 minutes!
Weeknights just got more exciting over here! Guys, these are my go-to healthy turkey meatballs! I’ve been making these babies for years. Back in the day, I would always bake them until I found out you can literally broil them for 10 minutes to juicy perfection!
Of course, I was skeptical at first until I tried it for myself. I was impressed! These turkey meatballs are juicy, delicious, easy to make, gluten-free and low carb. Also, this cookie scoop? The BEST for making these meatballs! It makes the perfect 1-inch in diameter meatball which is why they are ready in just 10 minutes.
How To Make Turkey Meatballs
While this recipe is to make turkey meatballs in 10 minutes, I’ll also share how to bake these turkey meatballs in the oven and how to cook them on the stove. Let’s get into it!
In a bowl, add ground turkey, cumin, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, egg, sesame oil, and green onions. Combine all together being careful not to over mix. Over mixing the meatball mixture can result in meatballs being very tough. We want tender meatballs!
Form the mixture into meatballs using a medium cookie scoop. This mixture makes 15 meatballs, 1-inch in diameter. One serving makes about 3-4 meatballs.
You can definitely make them in whatever size you’d like. Just make sure they are all the same size so they cook evenly. Adjust the time accordingly depending on size.
Video on how to make healthy turkey meatballs
To make turkey meatballs in the broiler
Preheat broiler. Place meatballs on a lined baking sheet. Broil on HIGH for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Since all broilers are different, check on them after 5 minutes, you can flip them over and broil for another 5 minutes. Once they are out of the oven, brush with more sesame oil on top for more flavor. That’s all folks!
To make turkey meatballs in the oven
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. To make turkey meatballs in the oven, place them in a lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
To make turkey meatballs on the stovetop
In a large skillet, heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil at medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs in batches until browned on all sides for about 6-8 minutes.
To freeze the turkey meatballs
After cooking the meatballs, allow them to cool before freezing them. Transfer them to a baking sheet and place them in the freezer for 1 hour. After 1 hour, place them in an airtight container and store in the freezer up to 1 month.
Be sure to bring them to room temperature before reheating and enjoying.
I hope you make them and LOVE them!
10-Minute Healthy Turkey Meatballs (No Breadcrumbs!)Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil plus more to brush on top
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (or 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion)
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add ground turkey, cumin, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, egg, sesame oil, and green onions. Gently mix until well combined. Careful not to overmix or the meatballs won’t be moist and tender.
- Form the mixture into meatballs. Place on lined baking sheet. Using a medium cookie scoop makes 15 meatballs, 1-inch in diameter. You can definitely make them in whatever size you'd like, just make sure they are all the same size so they cook evenly.
- Broil on HIGH for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.* Brush with more sesame oil on top for more flavor. Serve with your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
This post was originally published in July 2017. Updated recipe + photos in January 2019.
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)