This tuna salad recipe is one of my favorite quick lunches made with mayo, pickle relish, celery, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. When you’re pressed for time and need something filling, delicious, and easy to throw together, this is the recipe for you!
I gotta admit, I eat tuna about once a week. Yes, food bloggers don’t always eat lavish meals… we sometimes just want to throw together something quick so we don’t pass away. Ha!
This tuna salad recipe is the perfect quick meal! It’s easy to customize and tastes delicious. You can serve tuna salad in a sandwich, on a lettuce wrap, crackers, or even white rice. Here’s how I make it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Canned tuna. I like albacore tuna in water (I love Blue Harbor Tuna!) however you can choose any tuna you’d like. Just make sure to drain it before getting started.
- Mayonnaise. I like Duke’s mayonnaise however you can use whatever mayo you’d like.
- Celery. Love adding celery for texture. It gives it such a delicious crunch!
- Pickle relish. I add relish for a sweet, tart, and bold taste!
- Garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper. These seasonings are life.
How To Make This Tuna Salad Recipe
It’s so easy to make this recipe! Once you drain the tuna, transfer it to a bowl then combine it with the mayonnaise, pickle relish, celery, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve the tuna salad on bread, crackers, cucumber, lettuce leaves, or in salads. That’s it!
Questions about Tuna Salad
Instead of mayo, you can use Greek yogurt for some added tang or mashed avocado for more creaminess.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can truly make it your own. You can add minced onions or shallots, shredded carrots, finely chopped apples or cucumbers, and/or chopped herbs like cilantro or parsley.
I recommend transferring any leftover tuna salad to an airtight container and placing it in the fridge for no more than 3-5 days. I do not recommend freezing tuna salad.
You may also like:
- Jalapeño Tuna Tostadas
- Easy Paella Recipe with Lemon Dill Tuna
- Spicy Lime Tuna Cakes with Yogurt Sauce
- Spicy Salmon Tostones
Easy Tuna Salad Recipe
- 10 ounces canned wild albacore solid white tuna
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add the drained tuna, mayo, pickle relish, celery, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix with a fork until all is well combined.
- Serve the tuna salad on bread, crackers, lettuce leaves, or in salads. Enjoy!