Growing up in a Cuban family means you love pork. It’s like built into your DNA. So it goes without saying that pulled pork is something that is very close to my heart. I can’t get enough! Especially when it is topped with slaw on some deliciously soft, sweet toasted Hawaiian bread? I mean, what’s not to like!? Let me show you how to make this recipe!
By the way, I got my bone-in pork butt from Butcher Box! Butcher Box is a service that curates boxes of grass-fed, no-hormone-added, humanely raised beef, chicken, salmon, and pork and, delivers it right to your door. I love getting my box delivered directly to me. There are always specials – like free bacon or free ground beef – you gotta check them out! Click here to find out more info on Butcher Box!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pulled Pork. Any leftover pork works! Just shred it up using two forks.
- Your fave BBQ sauce or guava bbq sauce.
- Toasted hamburger buns. I like using Hawaiian rolls or brioche buns.
- Coleslaw mix.
- Shredded red cabbage.
- Red wine vinegar.
How To Make Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Shred the pork. First things first, you can make pulled pork in the slow cooker or use leftover pork. Using two forks, shred up the pork and transfer it to a bowl.
- Toss in BBQ sauce. Once you have shredded up the pork, toss it in your favorite bbq sauce then set aside.
- Make the slaw. In a bowl, mix coleslaw, red cabbage, mayo, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Assemble the pulled pork sandwiches. Add the pulled pork over the hamburger buns then add the slaw. Serve and enjoy!
Common Questions about Pulled Pork Sandwiches
I personally love a good slaw for a pulled pork sandwich. You can also add your favorite bbq sauce and/or caramelized onions!
You may also like:
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 bag store-bought coleslaw mix (14 oz)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Make the pulled pork in the slow cooker or use leftover pork. Using two forks, shred up the pork and transfer it to a bowl.
- Once you have shredded up the pork, toss it in your favorite bbq sauce then set aside.
- Next, make the slaw. In a bowl, mix coleslaw, red cabbage, mayo, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- Assemble the pulled pork sandwiches. Evenly divide the pulled pork between the toasted hamburger buns then top with the slaw. Serve and enjoy!