Cuban medianoche sandwiches turned Cuban sliders! Sweet ham, swiss cheese, slow cooker Cuban-style pulled pork, dill pickles & mustard on toasted, buttered, sweet dinner rolls. Perfect for entertaining at home!
You guyssssss…THESE ARE SO DELICIOUS! I made these Cuban Sliders for my birthday two weeks ago and my friends were raving so hard about them. They really were amazing!
When you live in Miami, you eat Cuban food ALL THE TIME. Literally, we have it weekly. Something so common for us that were born and raised here or from a Cuban family…but…maybe not so much for the rest of the world. That’s why I’m here to introduce you to Cuban-inspired versions of the real thing!
In this case, the medianoche (translation: midnight sandwich). A Cuban medianoche is a sandwich that got its name because it was consumed after a night of dancing (technically midnight) and consists of sweet bread, sweet ham, swiss cheese, sliced pork, dill pickles and mustard. The sandwich is then pressed and the cheese gets all warm, melty and gooey. So good.
Inspired by the medianoche, these Cuban Sliders are made with Cuban-style pulled pork which you should make the night before or 8 hours before you will be serving your guests.
My recommendation is to make it the night before. That way the next day you can focus solely on building these bad boys!
Once you have the pulled pork, the rest is as easy as 1-2-3. Because I have picky friends, I usually leave out condiments, in this case the mustard, and have them add it on themselves. You can either add the mustard on the dinner rolls before baking or serve it on the side. Either way, I GUARANTEE these will be a win on your next gathering.
Scroll down for the super easy recipe! Try not to drool all over yourself, ok? ;)
I hope you make this and LOVE it!
Cuban Sliders (Mini Medianoche Sandwiches)Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Slow Cooker Cuban-Style Pulled Pork
Cuban Sliders (Mini Medianoche Sandwiches)
- 1 package sweet dinner rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 package thin sliced honey ham
- 1 package sliced swiss cheese
- dill pickles, sliced
- mustard / Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
Slow Cooker Cuban-Style Pulled Pork
- Poke holes in the roast with a cook's fork and place in the slow cooker. Pour the mojo marinade in the slow cooker. Add 1/2 tablespoon of cuban seasoning. Save the rest for later.
- Cover and cook the roast on low for about 6-7 hours, or until fork-tender. Slow cooker times will vary. Drain the liquid into a bowl. Save 1 cup of the liquid.
- Using two forks, pull apart the meat into shreds, removing the fatty pieces (unless you like it, you can leave it in). Add the remaining cuban seasoning and cup of the reserved liquid. Mix it all together. Cook on low for another 30 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve or transfer to an airtight container in the fridge. Warm-up before serving.
Making the Cuban Sliders
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place bottom half of sweet dinner rolls on baking sheet. Top with ham, swiss cheese, pulled pork, and dill pickles. (You can either add the mustard to the top half of the sweet dinner rolls now or serve it on the side. Up to you.)
- Add the top half of dinner rolls and brush with melted butter. Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- Cut and serve immediately. Enjoy!
You may also like:
- Chicken Noodle Soup (Sopa de Pollo Cubana)
- Cuban-Style Shrimp Creole (The BEST Shrimp Recipe!)
- Easy Cuban Arroz Imperial (Imperial Rice)
- Cuban-Style Beef Picadillo Recipe
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)