I’m always up for shrimp recipes of any kind! Aren’t you?
This is why today I’m bringing you guys a new shrimp recipe!
These delicious camarones al ajillo (shrimp in garlic sauce) are one of my FAVES because they are so easy-to-make.
When I went to Barcelona a few years ago, I tried camarones al ajillo for the first time and I fell in love. I just had to recreate it for you guys!
So, without further ado, here’s how I brought this recipe to life.
How To Make Camarones Al Ajillo
It’s so simple!
First, you season shrimp with salt and pepper.
I make sure to buy shrimp that are already peeled and deveined. That way all I have to do is wash them. I leave the tails on but you can remove them before cooking if you’d like. It’s completely up to you.
In a deep skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add garlic paste and cook 1 minute.
By the way, making garlic paste is SO easy. You can use this mortar and pestle to make the paste or you can make it with a knife. Just grab your 6 cloves and mash until you get a paste!
After a minute, add the dry white wine and cook for another minute. Reduce to low heat. Add shrimp and cook about 1 minute on each side.
Add parsley and remaining olive oil. Toss everything together and cook for 1 minute. That’s it!
This will definitely be one of those shrimp recipes you won’t get enough of. Can’t wait for you to add it to your weekly dinner rotations!
Other shrimp recipes may like:
- Basil Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
- Cuban-Style Shrimp Creole (The BEST Shrimp Recipe!)
- Shrimp Ceviche Stuffed Avocados
- Arroz Con Camarones (Yellow Rice with Shrimp)
Camarones Al Ajillo (Shrimp in Garlic Sauce)
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves raw garlic mashed into a paste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (vino seco)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley plus more for garnish, if desired
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add garlic paste and cook 1 minute. Add dry white wine and cook for another minute.
- Reduce to low heat. Add shrimp and cook about 1 minute on each side. Add parsley and remaining olive oil. Toss everything together and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately. Enjoy!