A simple savory roasted butternut squash with crisp pieces of bacon. A healthy, easy to make side dish made with just 3 ingredients!
This roasted butternut squash with bacon is one of the easiest and most flavorful side dishes I’ve ever made. My family loves when I make this for special events or dinner parties. You can also make this for Thanksgiving! It’s super easy to make and you get to toss the roasted butternut squash in BACON FAT!
I mean hello, how delicious does that sound!
Here’s how easy it is to make. First, fry up some bacon. You can also bake the bacon, if you’d like. You do you but whatever you do, DON’T THROW OUT THE BACON FAT! Once the bacon is cooked, toss the bacon fat with the butternut squash. Season with salt and pepper then bake in the oven until golden brown. Serve the roasted butternut squash with bacon pieces and that’s all folks!
Other sides dishes you might like:
- Mini Sweet Corn Casseroles
- Classic Sweet Potato Casserole
- 5-Ingredient Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes
- Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Gratin
- Sweet Plantain Gnocchi with Garlic Brown Butter
- 5-Ingredient Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
3-Ingredient Roasted Butternut Squash with Bacon
- 5 slices uncured bacon
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 pound butternut squash , peeled and chopped into 1” cubes
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add slices of bacon to the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Once cooked, remove the bacon slices but do not discard the bacon fat.
- To the same baking sheet, transfer the butternut squash cubes. Toss butternut squash with the bacon fat until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the butternut squash has softened and is golden brown. Cut or break the bacon slices into pieces and toss with the butternut squash. Serve. Enjoy!