Twice-fried plantains topped with mashed avocado, wild pink salmon mixed with homemade spicy yogurt sauce and chopped cilantro.
This post is sponsored by Blue Harbor Fish Co.®. All opinions are my own.
Have you ever wanted to make an appetizer that would just WOW your guests? What about that time you needed to make a delicious lunch for your family? Well, I have the perfect recipe for you – Spicy Salmon Tostones!
I made these tostones using my favorite tuna and salmon brand, Blue Harbor Fish Co.®. Why are they my favorite brand? Because of their clean flavor!
I’m not lying when I say that I’ve been enjoying Blue Harbor products for years because of how clean and delicious their tuna tastes. I’ll be honest, however, I had never tried canned salmon before… and you know what? I was sold instantly!
Their wild pink salmon has a delicately light taste and a lovely bright color. It’s skinless and boneless which means you can eat it straight from the can but today, we’re spicing things up.
How To Make Spicy Salmon Tostones
Ok, here’s what we’re going to do… we’re taking the canned wild pink salmon and mixing it up with an easy homemade spicy yogurt sauce!
Here’s what you do.
First things first, you’re going to make your tostones! Twice-fried plantains are super easy to make. I have a full tutorial on how to make tostones right here.
You then are going to make the spicy salmon mixture. In a bowl, mix together Blue Harbor Fish Co.® Pink Salmon, Greek yogurt, your favorite hot sauce, lime juice, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt to taste until well combined. Set it aside.
Now on a plate or serving tray, lay out all your tostones. Add a dollop of the mashed avocado on top of the tostones and a spoonful of the spicy wild salmon mixture on top of the mashed avocado. Garnish with chopped cilantro and that’s all folks!
The salmon mixture has some serious heat plus it tastes slightly smoky and tangy too. Pair that with crispy tostones and mashed avocado and well… you have the absolutely perfect lunch or appetizer idea. I promise your friends and family will love it!
Can’t wait for you to make it!
Spicy Salmon Tostones
- 2 cans Blue Harbor Fish Co.® Pink Salmon in Water 5 ounces each, drained
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons hot sauce depending on desired heat level
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chipotle powder depending on desired heat level
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ripe avocado mashed
- Tostones (Twice Fried Plantains) (linked recipe makes ~12 tostones depending on size of plantains)
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix together Blue Harbor Fish Co.® Pink Salmon, yogurt, hot sauce, lime juice, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- On a plate or serving tray, lay out all your tostones. Add a dollop of the avocado on top of the tostones then a spoonful of the spicy salmon mixture on top of the avocado. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve. Enjoy!
Thank you Blue Harbor Fish Co.® for sponsoring this post and a HUGE thank you to all the readers of this blog for all your support! xo
Jamie this recipe sounds so Yummy! i’m a big fan of tostones + spicy food. I don’t think i’ve ever tried canned salmon, but need to try! Pinning this for later :)
Salmon AND avocado?? WOWZA! All in! Love the idea of the tostones as the base…so good!
What a healthy, flavorful way to prepare tostones! I love the combination of wild salmon and avocado.
This looks delicious! Everything with tostones and salmon calls me.
Jamie Silva says
Same! Thank you!