Give this simple shrimp, avocado, tomato salad a tropical twist by adding a deliciously creamy homemade mango mojito dressing! Don’t forget the almonds for some added CRUNCH.
Have you ever thought about adding booze to your salad dressing? Me
No but honestly I’ve never really thought about it. I thought adding booze would ruin the taste somehow or would make it extra watery. Ain’t nobody want that!
Recently I saw mango mojito dressing at a salad bar and was immediately excited. I tried it and I hate to admit, I wasn’t really wow’d by it (maybe it needed more booze?). In any case, I still wanted to give it a shot and try to recreate it for you guys!
Ok so are you a fan of mojitos? Cuz to be honest, I’m actually not. If you are, you’re in for a minty, sweet, tart surprise! If you’re like me and you aren’t a fan, TRUST ME this dressing came out pretty freaking delicious.
I basically grabbed the same ingredients that you would to make a mojito sans sugar cuz hello mango, then blended it all together in a food processor and WHOA.
YUMMMMMM. The key lime juice was the PERFECT touch too!
I may have added a little too much booze the first time I tested it… hiccup. Nonetheless, you got a boozy, tart, sweet flavor and it’s tropical AF. Like it seriously made me want to go on a cruise. Sigh. I need a vacation.
The shrimp was simply seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked for a bit. Combined with the avocado, tomato, and sliced almonds, it made for one delicious salad! Feel free to add some sliced red onions or… even sliced red pepper too. YES.
Promise it’s not honey mustard sauce, even though it looks like it. I love honey mustard sauce though. OMG. Have you tried my honey mustard salmon!? Ok, I digress.
Make this, love it, eat it, post it on Instagram so I can see it. Love seeing your recreations. I know you will really enjoy this one!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Can’t wait to WOW everyone with this Shrimp Salad with Mango Mojito Dressing! #asassyspoon” quote=”Can’t wait to WOW everyone with this Shrimp Salad with Mango Mojito Dressing! #asassyspoon”]
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
Shrimp Salad with Mango Mojito Dressing
Mango Mojito Dressing
- 1 mango , peeled, pitted, diced
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rum
- 1/2 tablespoon key lime juice
- Fresh mint , finely chopped
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp , peeled and deveined
- Salt + pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado , diced
- 1 small tomato , diced
- A handful of sliced almonds for some crunch!
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Arrange the salad by adding arugula (or your favorite greens) to a large bowl, then add the avocado, tomato, and almonds. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper then cook for about 2-3 minutes in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the salad and top with a drizzle of the mango mojito salad.
Looking for other sauce ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)