Cheeseburger salad with big mac special sauce made with ground beef, romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, pickles, onions, shredded cheese, and everything bagel seasoning to resemble a sesame seed bun!
Imagine all the things you love about a burger – cheese, pickles, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, special sauce – all in a salad. Sign me up baby! After receiving my Butcher Box order, I had ground beef in my freezer that I wanted to use ASAP. Couldn’t think of a better recipe than a cheeseburger salad!
Oh and by the way, in case you don’t know what Butcher Box is, it’s a service that curates boxes of grass-fed, no-hormone-added, humanely raised beef, chicken, and pork, and delivers it right to your home. I really love getting my box delivered. They always have specials going on, like free bacon or free salmon, you gotta check them out. Click here!
Some people call this salad a “big mac salad” which makes sense because the sauce truly does taste like big mac sauce. Plus, it’s only 5 ingredients to make and tastes better than any store-bought stuff.
Let’s make this big mac salad, shall we?!
How To Make Cheeseburger Salad with Big Mac Sauce
First things first, let’s make the sauce! In a bowl, whisk the mayo, ketchup, vinegar, relish, onion, and salt. This big mac sauce tastes SO CLOSE to the real thing. It’s very thousand island-esque too. It’s creamy, tart, sweet, tangy. SO GOOD! The sauce stays fresh in the fridge for up to a week. You’ll want to put it on everything!
Next up, we make the beef. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic then the beef, and cook for about 7 minutes, using this ground meat chopper (SO useful!) to crumble the meat. Add cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper and continue to cook until browned, about another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Divide the romaine lettuce and beef evenly among four bowls. Add shredded cheese, tomatoes, pickles and onions. Drizzle with big mac sauce. Top with Everything Bagel Seasoning, if using. That’s it!
An easy, hearty and delicious 15-minute dinner is ready just like that!
Can’t wait for you guys to make it!
Cheeseburger Salad with Big Mac Sauce (Low Carb/Keto)
BIG MAC SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons full fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon white onion minced
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef (you can also use ground sirloin, ground chuck, lean ground beef)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 small red onion sliced
- Pickle slices
- Everything Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe's
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar, relish, onion, and salt. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic then add the beef. Cook until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Add cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper and continue to cook until browned, about another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide the romaine lettuce evenly among four bowls. Divide the beef mixture evenly. Add shredded cheese, tomatoes, pickles and onions. Drizzle with big mac sauce. Top with Everything Bagel Seasoning, if using. Serve and enjoy!
This post was originally published in August 2017. Updated recipe + photos in June 2019.