Basically, a cheeseburger without the bun! A quick, easy, low carb cheeseburger salad made with a lightened up Big Mac sauce!
Ground beef seems to appear on my weekly menu quite often.
In case you haven’t noticed, I’m all about easy recipes around here. I’m not the type to be in the kitchen for 200 hours a day, working on a 7-course meal. Hell to the no. Who’s got that kind of time?!
Growing up, I saw my mom make 3 course meals for all of us DAILY and let me tell you…nah, I ain’t about that life. I want easy, simple, flavorful and on to the next one!
That’s why I like to make ground beef (and other similar easy recipes). You can pretty much pair it with anything! Tastes delicious and did I mention it was easy?
With that said, I present to you with CHEESEBURGER SALAD!
Only the easiest, heartiest, and most delicious salad ever!
See you get some ground sirloin (or any lean ground beef, really), brown it in a skillet with spices, onions, and garlic then you throw it on some romaine lettuce. Add tomatoes, shredded cheese and the best part of it all???
BIG MAC SAUCE!
[insert drool here]
Man, I haven’t had a Big Mac in YEARS but that sauce is unforgettable. I was able to bring it life with the help of one of my favorite blogger’s recipe – Andie! Basically, it’s a variation of Thousand Island dressing using a mix of Greek yogurt and mayo but you can totally just use mayo, if you’re on a keto diet.
Tastes sooo tangy and creamy!
Of course, I had to add Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning on top because duh. A Big Mac is served on sesame seed bun, right? I added lots of Everything Bagel Seasoning for good measure. ;)
Listen, this is pretty much a burger without a bun and it’s awesome. A low-carb, cheesy, burger salad with some bomb ass sauce. YUM.
I hope you make this and LOVE it!
Low Carb Cheeseburger Salad with Big Mac Sauce
BIG MAC SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons full fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons organic spicy ketchup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon white onion minced
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt + pepper to taste
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Optional toppings but HIGHLY recommended: dill pickle slices and Everything Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe's
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, spicy ketchup, vinegar, relish, onion, and salt. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion. Cook until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the beef, and cook until no longer pink, about 6-7 minutes, using the wooden to crumble the meat. Add cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper and continue to cook until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide the romaine, tomatoes, and cheese evenly among four bowls. Divide the beef mixture evenly. Drizzle each serving with 2 heaping tablespoons dressing. Top with dill pickles and Everything Bagel Seasoning, optional. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for other sauce ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)