The easiest side dish ever. Roasted potatoes tossed in a delicious, super easy to make cilantro garlic chimichurri sauce!
On Instagram last week, I asked you guys if you wanted to see recipes for sides or apps. To my surprise, you guys wanted more sides! Well, here we gooo. These roasted potatoes are tossed in a cilantro garlic chimichurri that is pretty freaking DELICIOUS. Chimichurri, for those who are unfamiliar, is a green sauce usually made with finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, and oli + vinegar. The beauty of learning how to cook is to be able to break rules.
…which I love to do.
Potatoes make the best side dishes, don’t they? I mean you can mash them, broil them, roast them. They taste good in any way, shape or form. I personally love them cut in strips and fried…french fries, yeah love me some french fries!
How To Make Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri Roasted Potatoes
All you do is grab those red potatoes, cut them in quarters, season and bake until browned. I mean, so not only are potatoes a delicious side dish option, they’re also easy to make!
While the potatoes are roasting, you make the cilantro garlic chimichurri which again… SO EASY. Grab a food processor and dump in all the ingredients. Pulse a few times until the mixture looks combined. No need for perfection here. I promise, a thick, rustic looking sauce is what you’re going for.
Once the potatoes are out of the oven, toss them in this delicious chimichurri and serve. It’s that easy. You can serve these potatoes with just about anything. Chicken, beef, steak, pork, salmon. Heck throw them in a salad too! The bottom line is this side dish is cilantro garlic goals and you need it in your life.
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds small red potatoes cut in half or quarters
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. Transfer the potatoes to baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- In the meantime, add cilantro, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse about 4-5 times then transfer to a bowl. Whisk in olive oil. You want the mixture to look thick and roughly chopped, not like a green sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. What you want is a strong cilantro garlicky taste.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with chimichurri, and serve hot. Enjoy!
Looking for other sauce ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)