Protein packed dinner without the meat. Trader Joe’s organic black bean rotini pasta topped with creamy avocado crema and feta cheese. Ready in just 15 minutes!
Once again, Trader Joe’s saves the day with this very simple meal. Perfect for Meatless Monday!
Who says a meal needs meat to be complete?
Last week, one of my friends came to visit from out of town. Some people catch up with dinner and drinks, others party the night away.
Her and I? We went to Trader Joe’s! We’re such huge foodies that it was only fitting that we’d make it a night of frugal foodie fun. That’s a lot of F-words.
I hadn’t been to TJ’s in a while. It’s definitely a dangerous place! Before you know it, you’ve bought EVERYTHING plus dessert.
I was excited to see all the new items since my last visit! While walking in one of the aisles, my friend spotted and showed me this bag of Black Bean Rotini pasta.
I was so intrigued that I HAD to buy it!
This Black Bean Rotini is not like traditional pasta. It’s a pasta that’s made of and tastes like black beans!
How cool is that!
There are no grains which means it’s a good source of protein and fiber.
You can definitely make this with marinara sauce like you would with traditional pasta however, I decided to make it with avocado crema and top it with feta cheese.
The combination was delicious!
Imagine the taste of black beans with chopped avocado and feta cheese crumbles. Exactly! Delicious! Best part is that it’s ready in just 15 minutes!
Not a bad meal for a Monday.
Black Bean Rotini with Avocado Crema
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Organic Black Bean Rotini
- feta cheese
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, sour cream, lime juice, garlic, parsley, and salt, and pulse until smooth. The consistency should be similar to sour cream - thick yet spreadable. To thin it, add a tablespoon or two of water and pulse to incorporate. Set aside.
- Make black bean rotini pasta according to the instructions.
- Serve about 3/4 cup of the black bean rotini with 1-2 tablespoons of avocado crema. Top with feta cheese crumbles and enjoy!
Looking for other sauce ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)