A 15-minute dinner made with Trader Joe’s organic black bean rotini pasta topped with creamy avocado crema and feta cheese.
Once again, Trader Joe’s saves the day with this very simple meal. Perfect for Meatless Monday! Who says a meal needs meat to be complete?
This Black Bean Rotini is not like traditional pasta. It’s a pasta that’s made of and tastes like black beans!
There are no grains which means it’s a good source of protein and fiber. You can definitely make this with marinara sauce like you would with traditional pasta however, I decided to make it with avocado crema and top it with feta cheese. The combination was DELICIOUS.
You can make the avocado crema using this food processor. Imagine the taste of black beans with chopped avocado and feta cheese crumbles. Exactly! Delicious! Best part is that it’s ready in just 15 minutes!
15-Minute Black Bean Rotini with Avocado CremaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Organic Black Bean Rotini
- feta cheese, for garnish
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, sour cream, lime juice, garlic, parsley, and salt, and pulse until smooth. The consistency should be similar to sour cream - thick yet spreadable. To thin it, add a tablespoon or two of water and pulse to incorporate. Set aside.
- Make black bean rotini pasta according to the instructions.
- Serve about 3/4 cup of the black bean rotini with 1-2 tablespoons of avocado crema. Top with feta cheese crumbles and enjoy!
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)