Spicy, smoky, fire roasted salsa recipe made with simple ingredients. Perfect for entertaining at home or even as a topping for meals!
Are you a chunky salsa type of person? Do you like spicy restaurant-style salsas? If yes and yes, you’ll definitely love this fire roasted salsa recipe!
Salsa is one of those timeless recipes you can enjoy at any time of year. I especially love serving it when I have friends over my house. Chips and salsa are always on my menu for get togethers. Along with olive bruschetta and guacamole, of course. This salsa is made with simple ingredients. Nothing fancy here. You just dump everything in a food processor and pulse until it’s all blended.
How to Make Homemade Fire Roasted Salsa Recipe
I use this can of fire-roasted tomatoes (not sponsored) and cherry tomatoes because I love keeping things simple. The onions, garlic, and cilantro are key. And the juice from the limes will help balance it all (it’s spicy, trust me). Smoked paprika, cayenne, and cumin bring out that smoky heat which puts the cherry (tomato) on top of the perfect salsa.
The result? A spicy, smoky, chunky, flavorful salsa.
You can even skip the chips and add this salsa on top of tacos or whatever you’re eating that day. Heck the other day, I topped my fried eggs with it! All I’m saying is that you totally need to make some ASAP.
If you are making salsas or sauces or simply prepping ingredients, a food processor is a must have! It chops and blends so quickly, saving you so much time!
How can I use homemade fire roasted salsa?
- Put it on eggs or on top of egg muffin cups
- Use with tortilla chips
- Add it to huevos rancheros
- Use on grilled cheese, tacos, burritos, chicken, anything!
Quick + Easy Fire Roasted Salsa Recipe
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes (I use 2 Rotel’s 10-ounce cans)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 small white onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cilantro plus more for garnish
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Tortilla Chips
- To a food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until desired consistency.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Originally posted in August 2018. Updated photos in April 2019.