A creamy, boldly flavored hummus recipe made with chickpeas, kalamata olives, garlic, olive oil and spices. Perfect snack ready in 5 minutes!
Have you ever been on your way home, SUPER hangry? Starving? Famished?
Whenever I feel that way, it’s usually because I didn’t snack enough during the day. Snacking is SO vital to avoid binging before dinner or late at night. That’s why I’m ALWAYS on the search for delicious snacks!
A few years ago, Trader Joe’s introduced me to kalamata olive hummus and I was beyond obsessed.
Unfortunately, they no longer carry it so I created my own!
This Kalamata Olive Hummus is super easy-to-make, without tahini, and ready in just 5 minutes using simple ingredients!
If you want to use black olives, you totally can. Just keep in mind, kalamata olives are a bit more bold, flavorful and larger than green and black olives. Once you go kalamata, you’ll never go black. ;)
When you make this dip, divide it into mini storage containers. Slice a few pita breads into triangles and place them in a ziplock page. BONUS: Warm up the pita bread triangles, it’ll elevate the taste!
This has become my go-to snack. So filling and super satisfying. It’s hard not to eat the WHOLE thing!
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste, remember the olives are salty!
- Homemade tortilla chips, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy slowly adding enough of the reserved liquid until creamy. Serve with warm mini pita breads cut into triangles, pita chips or homemade tortilla chips.
You may also like:
- Quick, Easy & Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- Easy Black Bean Hummus without Tahini
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce (Pollo Tropical Inspired)
- Quick + Easy Homemade Fire Roasted Salsa
This page contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. Do understand that I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)