Kalamata olive hummus without tahini! A creamy, boldly flavored dip made with chickpeas, kalamata olives, garlic, olive oil and spices. Perfect snack ready in 5 minutes!
Have you ever been on your way home, SUPER hangry? Starving? Famished?
Whenever I feel that way, it’s usually because I didn’t snack enough during the day. Snacking is SO vital to avoid binging before dinner or late at night. That’s why I’m ALWAYS on the search for delicious snacks!
A few years ago, Trader Joe’s introduced me to kalamata olive hummus and I was beyond obsessed.
Unfortunately, they no longer carry it so I created my own!
This Kalamata Olive Hummus is super easy-to-make, without tahini, and ready in just 5 minutes using simple ingredients!
If you want to use black olives, you totally can. Just keep in mind, kalamata olives are a bit more bold, flavorful and larger than green and black olives. Once you go kalamata, you’ll never go black. ;)
When you make this dip, divide it into mini storage containers. Slice a few pita breads into triangles and place them in a ziplock page. BONUS: Warm up the pita bread triangles, it’ll elevate the taste!
This has become my go-to snack. So filling and super satisfying. It’s hard not to eat the WHOLE thing!
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
5-Minute Kalamata Olive Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas drained, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste remember the olives are salty!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy slowly adding enough of the reserved liquid until creamy. Serve with warm mini pita breads cut into triangles, pita chips or homemade tortilla chips*.
Looking for other sauce ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce
Thank you for being here! <3
This page contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. Do understand that I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)