Creamy, bold-flavored, homemade hummus made without tahini, kalamata olives, garlic, and spices. Super easy to make recipe ready in just 5 minutes!
Have you ever been on your way home, SUPER hangry? Starving? Famished?
Whenever I feel that way, it’s usually because I didn’t snack enough during the day. Snacking is SO vital to avoid binging before dinner or late at night. That’s why I’m ALWAYS on the search for delicious snacks!
A few years ago, Trader Joe’s introduced me to kalamata olive hummus and I was beyond obsessed.
Unfortunately, they no longer carry it so I created my own! Here’s how you can also make this homemade hummus with kalamata olives.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Feel free to add tahini, if you’d like. I personally don’t like the flavor of tahini for this kalamata olive hummus.
- Chickpeas. Make sure to reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid when you are draining the can.
- Kalamata olives. If you want to use black olives, you totally can. Just keep in mind, kalamata olives are a bit more bold, flavorful, and larger than green and black olives. Make sure the kalamata olives are pitted and drained.
- Olive oil.
- Lemon juice.
- Garlic, minced
- Cumin, parsley, black pepper, salt to taste. Remember the olives are already salty so don’t go too crazy with the salt.
Recommended For This Recipe
If you are making salsas or sauces or simply prepping ingredients, a food processor is a must have! It chops and blends so quickly, saving you so much time!
How To Make Homemade Kalamata Olive Hummus
- Measure out all your ingredients. The process always seems to go by faster when I do this.
- Blend the ingredients. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy slowly adding enough of the reserved liquid until creamy.
- Serve the kalamata olive hummus. Serve with warm mini pita bread (cut into triangles), pita chips, or homemade tortilla chips.
- Store the hummus. You can also divide the hummus into mini storage containers.
This has become my go-to snack. So filling and super satisfying. It’s hard not to eat the WHOLE thing!
Homemade Kalamata Olive Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas drained, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste remember the olives are salty!
- Homemade tortilla chips optional
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy slowly adding enough of the reserved liquid until creamy.
- Serve with warm mini pita breads cut into triangles, pita chips or homemade tortilla chips.