A creamy, boldly flavored hummus recipe made with chickpeas, kalamata olives, garlic, olive oil and spices. Perfect snack ready in 5 minutes!
Have you ever been on your way home, SUPER hangry? Starving? Famished?
Whenever I feel that way, it’s usually because I didn’t snack enough during the day. Snacking is SO vital to avoid binging before dinner or late at night. That’s why I’m ALWAYS on the search for delicious snacks!
A few years ago, Trader Joe’s introduced me to kalamata olive hummus and I was beyond obsessed.
Unfortunately, they no longer carry it so I created my own!
This Kalamata Olive Hummus is super easy-to-make, without tahini, and ready in just 5 minutes using simple ingredients!
If you want to use black olives, you totally can. Just keep in mind, kalamata olives are a bit more bold, flavorful and larger than green and black olives. Once you go kalamata, you’ll never go back. ;)
When you make this dip, divide it into mini storage containers. Slice a few pita breads into triangles and place them in a ziplock page. BONUS: Warm up the pita bread triangles, it’ll elevate the taste!
This has become my go-to snack. So filling and super satisfying. It’s hard not to eat the WHOLE thing!
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste, remember the olives are salty!
- Homemade tortilla chips, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy slowly adding enough of the reserved liquid until creamy.
- Serve with warm mini pita breads cut into triangles, pita chips or homemade tortilla chips.