Creamy, bold-flavored, homemade hummus made without tahini, kalamata olives, garlic, and spices. Super easy to make recipe ready in just 5 minutes!
Have you ever been on your way home, SUPER hangry? Starving? Famished?
Whenever I feel that way, it’s usually because I didn’t snack enough during the day. Snacking is SO vital to avoid binging before dinner or late at night. That’s why I’m ALWAYS on the search for delicious snacks!
A few years ago, Trader Joe’s introduced me to kalamata olive hummus and I was beyond obsessed.
Unfortunately, they no longer carry it so I created my own! Here’s how you can also make this homemade hummus with kalamata olives.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Feel free to add tahini, if you’d like. I personally don’t like the flavor of tahini for this kalamata olive hummus.
- Chickpeas. Make sure to reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid when you are draining the can.
- Kalamata olives. If you want to use black olives, you totally can. Just keep in mind, kalamata olives are a bit more bold, flavorful, and larger than green and black olives. Make sure the kalamata olives are pitted and drained.
- Olive oil.
- Lemon juice.
- Garlic, minced
- Cumin, parsley, black pepper, salt to taste. Remember the olives are already salty so don’t go too crazy with the salt.
How To Make Homemade Kalamata Olive Hummus
- Measure out all your ingredients. The process always seems to go by faster when I do this.
- Blend the ingredients. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy slowly adding enough of the reserved liquid until creamy.
- Serve the kalamata olive hummus. Serve with warm mini pita bread (cut into triangles), pita chips, or homemade tortilla chips.
- Store the hummus. You can also divide the hummus into mini storage containers.
This has become my go-to snack. So filling and super satisfying. It’s hard not to eat the WHOLE thing!
Homemade Kalamata Olive Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas drained, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste remember the olives are salty!
- Homemade tortilla chips optional
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy slowly adding enough of the reserved liquid until creamy.
- Serve with warm mini pita breads cut into triangles, pita chips or homemade tortilla chips.