Crispy sweet potato skins loaded with gouda, chorizo, black beans, sour cream and scallions! Perfect for a weeknight meal, side dish, or game day!
If you had to choose between loaded baked potatoes or potato skins – what toppings would you put on them?
Ha! Who can choose, am I right?!
There’s never been a potato that I didn’t like. From fries to baked potatoes and even mashed potatoes, I love these little spuds in any shape or form.
These Gouda-Chorizo Loaded Sweet Potato Skins do NOT stay far behind! They are the ultimate snack for entertaining at home and even better as a side dish on a weeknight.
Super easy to make and absolutely indulgent!
The best part about them is that you can modify them however you like.
Don’t like gouda? Use another type of cheese.
Are you over sour cream? Add greek yogurt and make them extra protein packed.
Love tomatoes? Diced red onions? Put them in there too!
Basically, you can create your own variation using all your favorites!
These Gouda-Chorizo Loaded Sweet Potato Skins however are jammed packed with flavor!
Black beans, cumin, chili powder, scallions, GOUDA, CHORIZO hello! They are amazing.
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
Gouda-Chorizo Loaded Sweet Potato SkinsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 scallions, sliced (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 links chorizo, casings removed, cooked and/or crumbled, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Pierce and bake sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet for 60 minutes, or until fork tender. Cut sweet potatoes in half and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once cool, scoop the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a thin layer inside with the skin. Drizzle olive oil on skins and bake for about 5 minutes until crispy.
- Mash the sweet potato with black beans, cumin, chili powder, scallions, some of the chorizo (save the rest for garnish), salt and pepper until well combined.
- Remove skins from oven and fill each one with the sweet potato mixture then top with shredded gouda cheese. Bake again for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, chorizo and scallions. Serve immediately.
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)