With just 3 ingredients, these Brown Sugar Glazed Kielbasa Bites will be your favorite go-to appetizer for holidays, dinner parties, or snack time. WARNING: They are quite addictive.
I’ve been making these bites for years! What started as a little experiment has now turned into a delicious recipe… er obsession. Quite possibly, the recipe I make the most often when I have company over. My friends ask for Brown Sugar Glazed Kielbasa Bites almost every time they come over my house and, even when I go over their house! My friends and I have been affectionately calling them “coke sausage” through the years. Ha!
They are an awesome appetizer and a quick bite to make when you have unexpected company.
Thankfully, they are SUPER easy to make and come together in no time.
How To Make Brown Sugar Glazed Kielbasa Bites
You need 3 ingredients — coca-cola, brown sugar, and kielbasa sausage.
In a pan, brown the sliced kielbasa sausages then add the cola and brown sugar. Bring to a boil then immediately turn the heat down and simmer. Not all stoves are created equal. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes, other times it takes 35 minutes. You will have to eyeball the glaze to see when the brown sugar + coke mixture thicken. You know your stove better than I do. Use your best judgment.
The caramelization waiting time is really the hardest part of this recipe. Also, be careful not to eat them too soon after you transfer them to a plate. Sugar gets HOT. They are definitely hard to resist but you don’t want to burn your mouth (speaking from experience here).
From appetizers to simply having them served over rice for dinner, you can’t go wrong with these little bites! I promise you will absolutely LOVE making them (and eating them too!). You too are going to be making these over and over again.
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
3-ingredient Brown Sugar Glazed Kielbasa BitesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 12 ounces fully cooked kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup coca-cola, (6 ounces)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- In a nonstick skillet, add sausage and brown over medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes. Pour coca-cola and brown sugar into the skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir and simmer anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes. (All stoves are different. On my stove, it takes about 30 minutes for these to caramelize. I've made these at friends' houses and it has taken 10 minutes. You have to eye ball it. You know your stove better than I do. What you're looking for is a thick, caramelized consistency so keep stirring until it becomes a thick glaze.)
- Once the cola and brown sugar mixture become a glaze over the sliced sausages, remove the skillet from the heat. Transfer sausages to a plate and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. The sausages will be VERY HOT, please be careful. Enjoy!
You may also like:
- Quick, Easy & Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- 5-Ingredient Olive Bruschetta Crostini
- Quick + Easy Homemade Fire Roasted Salsa
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Caprese Toast
- 5-Ingredient Smoky Vegan Queso (Dairy-Free!)
SHOP THE RECIPE