Black Bean Hummus Recipe without Tahini! A deliciously simple hummus recipe made with black beans, garlic, and spices. Few ingredients and ready in just 5 minutes. Perfect snack for any day of the week!
I’m always on the hunt for snacks! Let’s face it, without snacks, we’d binge at 10 pm. Am I right?!
Oh, I’m the only one that gets mad cravings at 10 pm? Well, then more for me. ;)
No, but seriously, having healthy snacks throughout the day can really help. This black bean hummus recipe is a GREAT option for snacking. Grab some pita chips, warm mini pita bread (cut in triangles), or even baguette slices and, you can enjoy this at any time of day!
I’m not a fan of tahini (don’t hate me) so I left that out of this recipe. I promise this hummus recipe is SO flavorful! All you need is a few ingredients and 5 minutes.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Black beans. Make sure you drain and rinse the beans.
- Fresh cilantro.
- Fresh garlic.
- Cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper.
- Avocado oil. You could also use olive oil.
- Juice from 1/2 lime.
How To Make This Black Bean Hummus Recipe
- Measure out all your ingredients. The process always seems to go by faster when I do this.
- Blend the ingredients. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy slowly adding enough of the reserved liquid until creamy.
- Serve the black bean hummus. Enjoy with warm mini pita bread (cut into triangles), pita chips, mini baguette slices, or homemade tortilla chips.
- Store the hummus. You can also divide the hummus into mini storage containers.
You may also like:
- Homemade Kalamata Olive Hummus
- Cuban Black Beans Recipe (Frijoles Negros)
- Cauliflower Congri (Cuban-Style Black Beans + Cauliflower Rice Recipe)
- Easy Cuban Black Bean Soup (Dairy-Free, Vegetarian)
Easy Black Bean Hummus Recipe without Tahini
- 1 can black beans drained & rinsed (15 ounce)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Enjoy with warm mini pita breads cut into triangles, pita chips, mini baguette slices or homemade tortilla chips*.