Loaded Vegetarian Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatoes loaded with roasted corn, black beans, chopped tomatoes, diced onions, and avocado result in a meatless, flavorful and easy 20-minute meal for busy weeknights!
Raise your hand if you’re here because you are WAY too busy to make dinner today.
I’m always busy during the week. That’s why I love 20-minute recipes like this that come together with just a few steps.
First, the sweet potatoes are cooked in the microwave (hello, oh em gee, thank you) then topped with delicious roasted corn, black beans, diced onions, tomato, avocado, and anything else you have in the fridge!
Seriously, that’s the beauty of these types of recipes. You can customize them any way you want.
Dinner can’t get any easier than that!
These Loaded Vegetarian Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are packed with protein and fiber which keep you feeling full and satisfied. These could also be a great option for lunch. Who says vegetarian is boring?
Oh and don’t forget to drizzle my delicious Cilantro Garlic Sauce!
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 1 can low-sodium black beans, (15 oz, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup roasted corn, (I used the frozen Trader Joe's Roasted Corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- cilantro or basil for garnish
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce, for drizzling*
Optional Toppings / Other Filling Ideas
- quinoa, brown rice, cauliflower rice
- cooked chickpeas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- Poke holes into sweet potatoes with a fork. Place sweet potatoes in the microwave for 10-11 minutes or until they are soft and thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add corn, black beans, onions, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Cook for about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from microwave. Slice each sweet potato lengthwise down the middle then push both ends towards the middle so they open up.
- Using a fork, slightly mash the inside of the sweet potato. Top with black bean and corn mixture, tomatoes, and avocado. Add other toppings as desired. Drizzle with cilantro garlic sauce and serve. Enjoy!