Chicken wings marinated in mojo (garlic citrus marinade) and spices then baked to crispy perfection! Your game day with have a little Cuban kick!
You guys…these crispy baked mojo chicken wings are marinated overnight in a simple, homemade garlic-citrus marinade are OUT OF THIS WORLD.
Granted, anything garlic, citrus, Cuban-style is going to be at the top of my flavor list but trust me when I tell you…this was AMAZING.
If you’re thinking that the only way to get crispy wings is to grill or fry them, I’m here to tell you – you can BAKE them too!
I promise these will blow your mind!
To make this simple homemade mojo marinade, all you need is garlic, onion, orange juice, lime juice, oregano, peppercorns, and salt. Pulse the minced garlic and onion in a food processor until finely chopped. Add two parts orange juice to one part lime. Add oregano, black peppercorns, and salt. Blend until smooth. That’s it! Here are some tips, just in case.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Can’t wait to get my mojo on! Baked Mojo Marinated Chicken Wings are happening tonight!” quote=”Can’t wait to get my mojo on! Baked Mojo Marinated Chicken Wings are happening tonight!”]
You have to marinate the chicken wings overnight in the fridge if you want the amazing flavor.
The longer you marinate the chicken, the better!
That’s the easy part. Just place them in the bowl with the marinade, and into the fridge they go. Bring them to room temperature the next day, add spices, bake and DONE. Pair these crispy mojo chicken wings with my favorite Cilantro Garlic Sauce and they’ll be even MORE delicious!
You can’t just take my word for it, guys. You gotta make them for yourself and your friends/family.
I hope you make them and LOVE them!
Crispy Baked Mojo Marinated Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings (tips removed; drumettes and flats separated)
- 1 cup mojo marinade see homemade recipe in notes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add chicken wings and mojo marinade and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour (or overnight, the longer the better).
- Remove chicken from fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lay the chicken wings on a lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Season the chicken wings with garlic, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken wings for 40-45 minutes or chicken wings are cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Serve hot with your favorite wing sauce or cilantro garlic sauce.
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)