Easy-to-make, homemade chicken wings marinated in Cuban mojo marinade and spices then baked in the oven to crispy perfection!
I love chicken wings, don’t you? Lemon pepper wings are my personal fave but I love to explore different flavors too. In staying true to my roots, I made these mojo chicken wings and they were OUT OF THIS WORLD. Granted, anything garlic, citrus, Cuban-style is going to be at the top of my flavor list but trust me when I tell you…these homemade chicken wings were AMAZING. Here’s what I did.
How to Make Mojo Chicken Wings
First things first, make sure to remove the tips and separate the drumettes from the flats. This means 10 whole wings are actually 20 pieces (10 drumettes / 10 flats). You then have to marinate the wings in a simple mojo marinade. The longer you marinate the chicken, the better! But, if your patience level is at a 1 like mine is, you can marinate them for as little as 20 minutes up to overnight. I wouldn’t marinate the wings for longer than 2 days.
After marinating the wings, pat them dry then transfer them to a bowl and toss them in Cuban seasoning.
Once you’re ready to bake, set a wire rack on top of a lined baking sheet. This allows air to circulate around the wings and fat to drip off which will result in the wings cooking evenly and getting extra crispy. Make sure to spray the wire rack so the chicken wings don’t stick while cooking. Place the wings on a wire rack sheet.
How long to bake chicken wings
I typically bake chicken wings at 425 degrees F for 35-45 minutes. Since not all ovens are the same, I’d keep an eye on them. If at the 35-minute mark, they are not fully cooked yet, cook for 5-10 minutes longer. The internal temperature of the wings should be 165 degrees F.
That’s all folks! That’s how you get citrusy, crispy, baked chicken wings.
Make sure to serve them with lime wedges and your favorite sauce. I recommend cilantro garlic sauce.
You can’t just take my word for it, guys. You gotta make them for yourself and your friends/family.
I hope you make them and LOVE them!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce (Pollo Tropical Inspired)
- 3-Ingredient Crispy Baked Lemon Pepper Wings
- Guava BBQ Chicken Wings
Crispy Baked Mojo Chicken WingsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- In a bowl, add chicken wings and mojo marinade and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes up to overnight (the longer the better). Do not marinate longer than 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a wire rack inside a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray the wire rack with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Discard marinade from the bowl. Pat the wings dry a bit with paper towels. Add cuban seasoning to the bowl. Toss the wings until they are evenly coated. Lay the chicken wings on the wire rack.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until chicken wings are cooked through and crispy. Note: Not all ovens are created equal so keep an eye on them at the 35-minute mark. If they are not yet cooked/crispy, continue to cook for 5-10 more minutes. They are ready when the internal temp is 165 degrees F.
- Once the wings are fully cooked, remove them from the oven. Serve with your favorite wing sauce or squeeze with lime wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
This post was originally published in January 2017. Updated photos in August 2019.
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)