Sloppy joes with a delicious twist! Lean ground beef, Mexican chorizo, onions and spices in sweet Hawaiian rolls. Perfect for game day or any day!
Ah good ol’ sloppy joes. Man, I hadn’t made sloppy joes in almost a decade.
I used to make them with ground turkey, with tomato paste with all the spices. It’s basically a soupier picadillo. Like REALLY soupy but obviously with different flavors.
I digress. THESE are special joes. I wanted to make something that would be good for a random game day, friends gathering, the Big Game, or even a quick weeknight meal.
Enter…chorizo sloppy joes!
I love game days! They are a great excuse to make all the goods!
I mean, unless you’re a sports fan then yeah, GO TEAM and all that. ;)
But these mini chorizo sloppy joes are a great option for the next game day.
And boy are they sloppy.
They come together VERY easy because well, that’s my favorite type of recipe.
I did a mix of lean ground beef and Mexican chorizo with onions, spices, bbq sauce, and spooned them into sweet Hawaiian rolls. I MEAN YUMMMMMMM.
Does NOT get better than that!
Hope you make it and LOVE it!
Mini Chorizo Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 links Mexican chorizo crumbled
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls toasted
- Green onions for ganish optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and chorizo together, over medium-high heat. Once cooked, drain excess oil then add onions. Cook for 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add barbecue sauce and water. Reduce heat to low, simmer and stir occasionally, for 15-20 minutes until no longer soupy. Careful not to dry it out. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon meat mixture into sweet rolls and garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)