Sloppy joes with a delicious twist! Lean ground beef, Mexican chorizo, onions and spices in sweet Hawaiian rolls. Perfect for game day or any day!
Ah good ol’ sloppy joes. Man, I hadn’t made sloppy joes in almost a decade.
I used to make them with ground turkey, with tomato paste with all the spices. It’s basically a soupier picadillo. Like REALLY soupy but obviously with different flavors.
I digress. THESE are special joes. I wanted to make something that would be good for a random game day, friends gathering, the Big Game, or even a quick weeknight meal.
Enter…chorizo sloppy joes!
I love game days! They are a great excuse to make all the goods!
I mean, unless you’re a sports fan then yeah, GO TEAM and all that. ;)
But these mini chorizo sloppy joes are a great option for the next game day.
And boy are they sloppy.
They come together VERY easy because well, that’s my favorite type of recipe.
I did a mix of lean ground beef and Mexican chorizo with onions, spices, bbq sauce, and spooned them into sweet Hawaiian rolls. I MEAN YUMMMMMMM.
Does NOT get better than that!
Hope you make it and LOVE it!
Mini Chorizo Sloppy JoesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 links Mexican chorizo, crumbled
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, toasted
- Green onions for garnish, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and chorizo together, over medium-high heat. Once cooked, drain excess oil then add onions. Cook for 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add barbecue sauce and water. Reduce heat to low, simmer and stir occasionally, for 15-20 minutes until no longer soupy. Careful not to dry it out. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon meat mixture into sweet rolls and garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!
SHOP THE RECIPE