You’re just 3 ingredients away from these crispy baked lemon pepper wings! Perfect for dinner, game day, or to satisfy that wing craving. All you need is chicken wings, olive oil, lemon pepper seasoning! I love to pair these chicken wings with cilantro garlic sauce. YUM!
I ordered lemon chicken wings once and they were so awful. Of course, that means, after that experience, I was determined to recreate them at home. And that I did, my friends. I made them using my favorite lemon pepper seasoning…and they were DELICIOUS!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken wings. You can use both drumettes and/or flats. Tips removed.
- Olive oil. You can also use melted unsalted butter.
- Lemon pepper seasoning. This one is the best one!
- Optional. Chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish, lemon wedges, and cilantro garlic sauce for dipping!
I get my chicken wings from Butcher Box!
Butcher Box is a service that curates boxes of grass-fed, no-hormone-added, humanely raised beef, chicken, salmon, and pork and, delivers it right to your door. I love getting my box delivered directly to me. There are always specials – like free bacon or free ground beef – you gotta check them out! Click here to find out more info on Butcher Box!
How To Make Lemon Pepper Wings
Ready to see how insanely easy it is to make these wings?
- Separate drumettes and flats. First, make sure to remove the tips and separate the drumettes from the flats. In other words, 10 whole wings are actually 20 pieces (10 drumettes / 10 flats).
- Pay the wings dry. We don’t want any moisture on these wings. Similarly, you can also place them in the fridge to dry out for 30 minutes prior to baking them.
- Prep your baking sheet. Next, set a wire rack on top of a lined baking sheet. You can buy this baking sheet with a wire rack. This allows air to circulate around the wings and fat to drip off which will result in the wings cooking evenly and getting extra crispy. After that, spray the wire rack so the chicken wings don’t stick while they’re baking in the oven.
- Bake the chicken wings. Toss the wings in olive oil or melted butter with the lemon pepper seasoning and then place them on a wire rack sheet. Bake the wings for 35-45 minutes but make sure to keep an eye on them. If at the 35-minute mark, they are not fully cooked yet then you can cook them for 5-10 minutes longer.
Questions about Lemon Pepper Wings
Lemon pepper seasoning is the perfect blend of lemon, pepper, garlic, onion, and salt.
Lemon pepper is not spicy at all! It tastes peppery, tangy, and citrusy which complements chicken and fish so well.
These lemon pepper wings taste citrusy, juicy, and perfectly crispy just like chicken wings should be!
If you can’t find lemon pepper seasoning at the grocery store, the best substitutes for lemon pepper include black pepper, garlic powder, garlic flakes, onion powder, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Yes! Yes, you can. Depending on the type of air fryer you have, I’d recommend you follow the chicken setting for your air fryer. For my air fryer (I have this one), I set it on 360º which is the chicken setting on that particular machine, and cook the wings for 20 minutes. I then turn up the heat to 400º for an additional 5 minutes. Don’t forget to spray the bottom of the basket with cooking spray and space out the wings. You will have to do it in batches but they come out crispy and delicious!
These crispy baked lemon pepper wings are the perfect addition to any game day, get-together, or pool party. I’ve even made them for dinner! It’s a super easy recipe and a perfect pairing with my cilantro garlic sauce.
Can’t wait for you guys to try it!
Other recipes you may like:
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce (Pollo Tropical Inspired)
- Crispy Baked Mojo Marinated Chicken Wings
- Guava BBQ Chicken Wings
3-ingredient Crispy Baked Lemon Pepper Wings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a wire rack inside a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray the wire rack with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make sure the wings are thawed completely and dried very well. Pat them down with paper towels until they are dry. Optional: You can also place the wings in the fridge for 30 minutes to dry them out prior to baking, if you have the time.
- In a bowl, add the chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated.
- Add olive oil (or melted butter) and lemon pepper seasoning to the bowl. Toss the wings until they are evenly coated. Lay the chicken wings on the wire rack.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until chicken wings are cooked through and crispy. Note: Not all ovens are created equal so keep an eye on them at the 35-minute mark. If they are not yet cooked/crispy, continue to cook for 5-10 more minutes.
- Once the wings are fully cooked, remove them from the oven. Serve with your favorite wing sauce or squeeze with lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!