This sweet, sour, refreshing Limoncello Margarita is a Mexican classic with an Italian makeover! Made with no lemonade concentrate, just simple ingredients.
In case you don’t know, I’m a Disney junkie. Particularly Epcot. I loooove Epcot.
Whenever I go with friends, we do the typical “around the world” walk starting with Mexico. I get myself a guava or passion fruit marg inside (not outside) and then head to Germany where I get a pretzel and a beer. And what’s close to Germany? Italy! We always make sure to stop for the prosciutto platter and an Italian limoncello marg in Italy. YUM.
The limoncello margs are frozen in Epcot’s Italy but they are my FAVE drink there. Probably because it’s so dang humid in Florida at all times. I don’t even like frozen drinks nor tequila but yet here we are.
I decided to recreate my own non-frozen version of the Italian Limoncello Margarita to share with you guys! Best decision I’ve made all day. The Disney recipe for Epcot’s limoncello margarita is made with margarita mix. Not a fan. So instead, I made this beauty with more simple ingredients and it’s so refreshingly tart!
This lemon salt for the rim tho. It’s a mix of kosher salt and lemon zest. Totally not part of the original recipe but omg. It’s like whoa. You take a sip and immediately make a face! Love it.
Oh! Did I mention I used agave? You can sub for honey or granulated sugar but I preferred agave. It’s like a sweeter simple syrup. Honestly this limoncello margarita is so easy to make, you just can’t go wrong.
The recipe below is for 1 serving but can easily be multiplied for a crowd.
Let me know when you make it!
If you loved this limoncello margarita, you’ll love:
- Guava Coconut Lime Margarita
- Spiced Pear & Apple Red Wine Sangria
- Guava Basil Moscow Mule
- Smoky Michelada Beer Cocktail
- Creamy Hazelnut Cold Brew Martini
Italian Limoncello Margarita
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces limoncello
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Splash of sparkling water or club soda , optional
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In a plate, combine lemon zest with kosher salt. Run a lemon wedge around the rim of the glasses and dip them in lemon salt to coat.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, tequila, limoncello, lemon juice, lime juice and agave. Shake it up! Pour in two glasses with ice.
- Add a splash of sparkling water or club soda, if desired. Garnish with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
Originally posted in August 2018. Updated photos + recipe in April 2019.
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)