Easy-to-make, crispy, oven-baked garlic parmesan chicken wings that are so tasty, you will think they were fried!
If you know me, you know I love having friends over my house. Planning parties and cooking for my friends is one of my favorite things to do! Well, that and traveling but that’s a story for another day. ;)
When it comes to pool parties, I’m immediately thinking about what to make to take to the party. Appetizers and chicken wings are usually my go-to. And as I’ve mentioned PLENTY of times before, I hate frying. I hate the temperamental bubbling oil and the gross smell of fried oil all over the house when you’re done. I tend to stay FAR away from recipes that require frying. So if we’re not grilling, we’re baking!
By the way, I buy my chicken wings from ButcherBox!
ButcherBox is a service that curates boxes of grass-fed, no-hormone-added, humanely raised beef, chicken, pork, salmon, and sustainable seafood delivered right to your door. I’ve been receiving my boxes for years now and I have no complaints. They always have specials – like free bacon or free ground beef so you gotta check them out! Click here for more info! [affiliate link]
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken wings. Drumsticks and flats separated, and tips removed.
- Dried oregano, ground cumin, salt. To season the chicken wings before baking.
- Butter, olive oil, basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, seasoning salt. This is the seasoning mix you will use to toss the wings and give it that delicious garlic parmesan flavor.
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Separate drumettes and flats. First, make sure to remove the tips and separate the drumettes from the flats. In other words, 10 whole wings are actually 20 pieces (10 drumettes / 10 flats).
- Pay the wings dry. We don’t want any moisture on these wings. Similarly, you can also place them in the fridge to dry out for 30 minutes prior to baking them.
- Prep your baking sheet. Next, set a wire rack on top of a lined baking sheet. You can buy this baking sheet with a wire rack. This allows air to circulate around the wings and fat to drip off which will result in the wings cooking evenly and getting extra crispy. After that, spray the wire rack so the chicken wings don’t stick while they’re baking in the oven.
- Season the wings. In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, cumin, and sea salt and, season the chicken wings with this mixture. Bake the chicken wings for 15-20 minutes.
- Make the garlic parmesan mixture. While the chicken is baking, mix together the oil, butter, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and seasoning salt.
- Toss the wings in the garlic parmesan mixture. Remove from oven. Toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/oil/butter mixture then place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Questions for Garlic Parmesan Wings
The secret to these flavorful garlic parm chicken wings is in the garlic parmesan sauce! When you mix butter, oil, basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and seasoning salt, it just gives the wings that extra UMPH that will make you want to devour the entire tray alone! These come out so crispy and cheesy. You’ll totally think they’re fried.
For this recipe, you make the garlic parmesan sauce and toss it with the wings at the 20 minute mark then place them back in the oven to continue cooking.
But don’t just take my word for it…scroll for the recipe!
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings tips removed; drumettes and flats separated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, cumin and sea salt. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture. Place baking sheet on lowest rack and bake the chicken wings for 15-20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together the oil, butter, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.
- Remove from oven. Toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/oil/butter mixture then place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve hot with your favorite wing sauce.*