Easy-to-make, crispy, oven-baked garlic parmesan chicken wings that are so tasty, you will think they were fried!
If you know me, you know I love having friends over my house. Planning parties and cooking for my friends is one of my favorite things to do! Well, that and traveling but that’s a story for another day. ;)
When it comes to pool parties, I’m immediately thinking about what to make to take to the party. Appetizers and chicken wings are usually my go-to. And as I’ve mentioned PLENTY of times before, I hate frying. I hate the temperamental bubbling oil and the gross smell of fried oil all over the house when you’re done. I tend to stay FAR away from recipes that require frying.
So if we’re not grilling, we’re baking!
The secret to these flavorful Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is in the basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and seasoning salt mixture. It just gives it that extra UMPH that make you want to devour the entire tray alone! These come out so crispy and cheesy. You’ll totally think they’re fried.
But don’t just take my word for it…scroll for the recipe!
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed drumettes and flats separated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, cumin and sea salt. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture. Place baking sheet on lowest rack and bake the chicken wings for 15-20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together the oil, butter, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.
- Remove from oven. Toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/oil/butter mixture then place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve hot with your favorite wing sauce.*