A homemade Cuban seasoning (sazon completa!) for meats, poultry, and veggies made with garlic, onion, oregano, salt, pepper, parsley, and cumin!
Ah, sazon completa. The spice mix of my childhood. My favorite seasoning mix of all time! It’s super versatile and really elevates the taste of all my favorite dishes. I’ll be honest, I sometimes just add a teaspoon of this mix and don’t even bother with measuring out other spices. It pretty much has all I need!
While this complete seasoning is available in grocery stores, I find that a lot of them are made with additives and MSG which I’m not a fan of. Not to mention, it’s way cheaper to just make this seasoning mix myself. Here’s the gist of it.
This Cuban seasoning (aka sazon completa) is called “complete seasoning” because it’s a mix of:
Sounds pretty complete to me! I like to think of this spice mix as a shortcut of all my favorite seasonings all in one bottle. I add this Cuban spice mix to an empty spice bottle or even a mini mason jar.
A few recipes made with this Cuban seasoning:
- Easy Mojo Chicken Breast Recipe
- Cuban-Style Crispy Shredded Chicken (Vaca Frita de Pollo)
- Healthy Mojo Chicken Caesar Salad with Plantain Croutons (Dairy-Free!)
The recipe below makes 4 ounces which equals to about 24 teaspoons of seasoning. You can add it to sandwiches, shrimp, salads, veggies, meat, poultry… pretty much everything!
Can’t wait for you to enjoy it!
Homemade Cuban Complete SeasoningPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- In a small air-tight container, add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, parsley, and oregano then stir to combine. Store for up to 6 months.