The easiest, fluffiest, and BEST mashed potatoes recipe made with just 5 ingredients! Perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or any occasion.
There’s nothing better than warm, fluffy mashed potatoes. Am I right?!
Potatoes weren’t a big tradition in my Hispanic family but I definitely have a deep love for them. I love them fried, mashed, baked. There’s just no bad way to make potatoes! Today’s recipe is easy-to-make, only 5 ingredients, and perfect for any day of the week.
Here’s how I made the BEST mashed potatoes ever!
How To Make Mashed Potatoes
Once you peel and cut the potatoes, place them in a pot with only 1/2 cup water. You don’t need to cover the entire pot with water to steam potatoes. Trust me. A 1/2 cup goes a long way!
Place the lid on the pot and steam them for 20-25 minutes, at medium-hihg heat, stirring them occasionally, until they are tender enough to mash. Drain and let cool slightly. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and mash them with a potato masher. You can also use a potato ricer.
Once the potatoes are mashed, add the heavy whipping cream, butter, salt, dried parsley, and black pepper. Mix until all is well combined. Taste and adjust salt as needed. That’s all folks!
How easy was that.
Can’t wait for you to make this recipe!
The BEST Mashed Potatoes Recipe (Only 5 Ingredients!)Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Black pepper to taste
- First things first, steam the potatoes. Place the chopped potatoes in a pot with 1/2 cup water. (You don't need to cover the entire pot with water, a 1/2 cup goes a long way)
- Steam the potatoes for about 20-25 minutes, at medium-high heat, stirring them occasionally, until they are tender enough to mash. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Mash them with a potato masher, then add heavy whipping cream, butter, salt, dried parsley, and black pepper. Mix until all is well combined.
- Taste and adjust salt as needed. Serve and enjoy!
You may also like:
- 5-Ingredient Crispy Sliced Roasted Potatoes
- Caramelized Onion Pear & Walnut Stuffing
- Mini Sweet Corn Casseroles
- Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Gratin
- Cuban-Style Three Meat + Plantain Stuffing
- Chorizo Mac and Cheese with Cheesy Pork Rind Topping
- 5-Ingredient Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Bourbon Caramel Apple Galette
- Moist Carrot Cupcakes with Brown Butter Frosting
- Espresso Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie Galette
- Leftover Cranberry + Turkey Turnovers (Thanksgiving Pastelitos!)
- Leftover Turkey Arepas with Cranberry Goat Cheese