Moist Carrot Cupcakes with Brown Butter Frosting. Easy-to-make cinnamon spiced, fluffy, moist carrot cupcakes topped with a heavenly brown butter frosting and chopped walnuts.
This post is sponsored by Cocavo. All opinions are my own.
When was the last time you had a fluffy cupcake? Not dry or basic. A truly delicious soft, fluffy cupcake. If it’s been a while, it’s time to fix that ASAP. I’ve teamed up with Cocavo to bring you these super moist carrot cupcakes with brown butter frosting!
What is Cocavo? I’m glad you asked. Cocavo is a combination of unrefined extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin avocado oil. It has less saturated fat than regular coconut oils. It also has high levels of mono-unsaturated fat, vitamin E, plant sterols and a high lauric acid content. It’s ideal for cooking and enhancing flavors in baking.
Cocavo is pretty flavorless so you don’t have to worry about these cupcakes tasting like coconut or avocado. That would be strange, huh? ;) Promise all you will taste is the delicious spices inside this soft carrot cupcake!
How To Make Moist Carrot Cupcakes
Making these carrot cupcakes may look like a lot of work but it’s actually not time-consuming at all. Here’s how you bring these delicious cupcakes to life.
In a bowl, whisk the Cocavo Original Coconut and Avocado Oil, sugar, eggs, applesauce, carrots and vanilla together until combined. While most cupcake recipes call for butter, using oil results in a much softer and moist crumb which is exactly what we’re going for!
Once the wet ingredients are all combined, slowly add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and salt. Mix until all is well combined. That’s all folks!
While the cupcakes are baking, go ahead and make the brown butter frosting because cream cheese frosting is so last season. JK. I still love it. I love all frostings. This brown butter frosting is perfectly rich, nutty, and magical. No better combination honestly.
Another great thing about using oil over butter is that you can refrigerate these cupcakes and they will stay soft!
If that’s not a win, I don’t know what is. I hope you make these and absolutely LOVE them!
- 1/2 cup Cocavo Coconut and Avocado Oil, , melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, , packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped walnuts for garnish
BROWN BUTTER FROSTING
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 3 cups powdered sugar, , sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk Cocavo Coconut and Avocado Oil, sugar, eggs, applesauce, carrots and vanilla. Mix together until combined. Slowly add flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and salt. Mix until all is well combined.
- Divide the mixture into the 12 cup muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- In the meantime, make the brown butter frosting. In a saucepan, melt butter at medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, until the butter foams and little brown specks appear. Be careful not let it burn!
- Once the butter turns an amber color and has nutty aroma, remove from the heat and pour into a small bowl. Place the brown butter in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes to cool down. We need room temperate brown butter to continue.
- In a bowl, add brown butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, salt, and heavy cream. Mix for about 3 minutes until well combined. Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost each cupcake with the frosting. Serve and enjoy!
Want to try it out for yourself? Pick up Cocavo at Walmart stores nationwide!
Thank you Cocavo for sponsoring this post and a HUGE thank you to all the readers of this blog for all your support! xo