When you want something sweet AND healthy-ish, these no-bake, on-the-go mint chocolate chip energy bites are the perfect snack!
My two favorite combos – chocolate and mint – in one little bite!? Yes, please!
As much as I love peanut M&Ms and York Peppermint Patties, I’ve had to stop the madness and stop doing that to my body. Lately, I’ve been experimenting with sweet treats that have no refined sugar. Yes, dates still have tons of fructose but hey – it’s better than a Snickers!
These little Mint Chocolate Chip Energy Bites come together fairly quickly. All you have to do is add dates, almonds, protein powder, peppermint extract, almond milk, and cacao nibs into a food processor. Pulse until you get a dough-like mixture. Form into balls and that’s it! How easy was that?
What other sweet treats with no refined sugar do you love?
Mint Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- 10 Medjool dates pitted + soaked in water for 10 min
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or cashews or walnuts
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder (I used Bob's Red Mills Nutritional Boosters)
- 1/3 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a dough-like mixture forms. Form into fifteen 1-inch bites by hand and place in the fridge. Enjoy!