Refined sugar-free, paleo dark chocolate mint protein balls packed with healthy fat and fiber. Delicious on-the-go chocolatey snack with a hint of mint!
If you’re a big mint chocolate lover like I am, these mint protein balls are for you! I know a lot of people hate the taste of mint chocolate because it tastes like toothpaste. Uhh NO, I 100000% disagree. I LOVE mint and chocolate together. Thin Mints are my favorite girl school cookies. Peppermint mochas during the holidays are my jam. Also, Chocolate Frosted ChocolatePeppermint Cookies? I mean c’mon. SO GOOD.
This recipe is very easy to make. All you need is dates, cashews, cocoa powder, peppermint extract, almond milk, chia seeds and sea salt. That’s it!
This recipe is from 2017. I updated it with a few minor tweaks (less dates!) as well as new photos. Similar healthy ingredients as my chocolate coffee protein balls but with a hint of mint. YUM. These protein balls are the perfect on-the-go snack and super easy to make! Full recipe is below.
Hope you love them as much as I do!
Dark Chocolate Mint Protein Balls (Paleo, Refined Sugar-Free)Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 medjool dates, pitted + soaked in water for 15 min
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips, for melting, optional
- To a food processor, add the dates, cashews, cocoa powder, peppermint extract, almond milk, chia seeds and sea salt. Pulse until a dough-like mixture forms.
- Form mixture into twelve 1-inch bites by hand using a cookie scoop. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over each bite. Refrigerate in an airtight container for 1 week or in an airtight resealable freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
This post was originally published in June 2017. Updated recipe + photos in March 2019.
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)