Refined sugar-free, paleo dark chocolate mint energy bites packed with healthy fat and fiber. Delicious on-the-go chocolatey snack with a hint of mint!
If you’re a big mint chocolate lover like I am, these mint energy bites are for you! I know a lot of people hate the taste of mint chocolate because it tastes like toothpaste. I 100000% disagree. I LOVE mint and chocolate together. Thin Mints are my favorite girl school cookies. Peppermint mochas during the holidays are my jam. Also, Chocolate Frosted ChocolatePeppermint Cookies? I mean c’mon. SO GOOD.
Anyways, I updated this recipe from 2017 with a few minor tweaks (less dates!) as well as new photos. Similar healthy ingredients as my chocolate coffee energy bites but with a hint of mint. YUM. These energy bites are the perfect on-the-go snack and super easy to make! Full recipe is below.
Hope you love them as much as I do!
Dark Chocolate Mint Energy Bites (Paleo, Refined Sugar-Free)
- 8 medjool dates pitted + soaked in water for 15 min
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips for melting, optional
- To a food processor, add the dates, cashews, cocoa powder, peppermint extract, almond milk, chia seeds and sea salt. Pulse until a dough-like mixture forms.
- Form mixture into twelve 1-inch bites by hand using a cookie scoop. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over each bite. Refrigerate in an airtight container for 1 week or in an airtight resealable freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
This post was originally published in June 2017. Updated recipe + photos in March 2019.