Juicy, tender chicken meatballs made with cashews, panko breadcrumbs, spices, and a super easy stir fry sauce. Perfectly cooked in 10 minutes!
In case you’re new here, you should already know how much I love quick, easy, flavorful meals. These cashew chicken meatballs are exactly that! Quick to put together, easy to make (on the stove top!), and sooo flavorful.
A while ago, I was remembering seeing one of my friends make a cashew chicken stir fry on a video. Probably Snapchat or Instagram. Way before Instagram Stories. How fun are Instagram Stories, huh? Do you follow me?
I never forgot that video. It wasn’t anything crazy at all. Just cashews, chicken breast and a delicious stir fry sauce. The sounds of the sizzle from the pan (best sound ever). The idea of how this plate would taste once done was plaguing my thoughts. Crazy huh? Anyone else ever go through this? It’s like when you try that truly unforgettable dessert at a restaurant. Mmm…
I decided I MUST recreate the dish at home. Cashews, chicken breast, stir fry sauce. It was delish! Plus it was simple to make…you know that’s my favorite kind of meal. But today, I wanted to take cashew chicken stir fry next level.
And that level is MEATBALLS.
The same great taste of a cashew chicken stir fry, rolled up in a ball, made in one pan and served over rice. My mouth is legit watering right now. These meatballs are tender and juicy. And the fact that they were made without turning on the oven is just the cherry on top of a perfect meal.
Two important tips:
- Use this cookie scoop to form the meatballs. They will come out the same size every time. Once you scoop up the mixture, you do have to roll them by hand unless you don’t mind flat bottoms. But once you have them formed, you can cook them right away or…
- Freeze them! Yes, you can totally freeze these chicken meatballs without the sauce for up to 3 months! All you do is place the meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet then place the baking sheet in the freezer. Remove the sheet after about 2 hours (or when the meatballs are frozen) and transfer them to freezer-safe bags. Once you’re ready to brown/cook them, you make the sauce with the recipe and dinner is served!
You can also freeze cooked meatballs too but honestly, there may not be any left after you make these bad boys!
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
Cashew Chicken MeatballsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, cooking wine, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add ground chicken, garlic, onion, egg, panko breadcrumbs, fresh basil, cashews, and salt + pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Form chicken mixture into meatballs (approx. 1-inch in diameter) using a medium cookie scoop so they are all the same size. Place on a plate.
- In a skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil and cook meatballs over medium high heat. Brown meatballs on all sides for about 4 minutes. Turn down heat to low heat.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and simmer for another 4-5 minutes, stirring the meatballs around until the soy sauce mixture thickens and meatballs are cooked through. Serve over rice with chopped cashews. Enjoy!
You may also like:
- 10-Minute Healthy Turkey Meatballs (No Breadcrumbs!)
- Cuban-Style Crispy Shredded Chicken (Vaca Frita de Pollo)
- Easy 20-Minute Baked Smoky Chicken Breast
SHOP THE RECIPE