So here’s the thing. I’m actually more of an avocado toast kinda girl.
A simple piece of toast with smashed avo, salt, pepper, avo oil and red pepper flakes.
Or eggs, bacon, sausage… or even a banana chocolate chip muffin.
But there comes a time when you gotta change things up and make chocolate chip pancakes.
Not just any pancakes – healthy chocolate chip pancakes!
I’ve been experimenting a lot with grain-free flours and let me tell you, these came out pretty freaking delicious! Surprisingly fluffy, nutty in flavor, with a burst of chocolatey goodness.
I was pretty impressed with these bad boys. I enjoyed every bite and didn’t feel bloated or gross. It was just the sweet and savory breakfast.
Can’t wait for you guys to try these healthy chocolate chip pancakes!
I hope you make them and LOVE them!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or as needed)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs, honey, almond milk, and vanilla extract and mix until batter is smooth. Fold in about a 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add about a 1/4 cup of batter at a time into the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side, 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt, maple syrup, and chocolate chips for garnish. Enjoy!
Other Breakfast Recipes:
- Healthy Egg Muffin Cups (Meal Prep Idea!)
- Iced Hazelnut Mocha Cafe Con Leche (Dairy-Free)
- Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Easy Cuban-Style Huevos Rancheros
- Healthy Carrot Cake Banana Bread (Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
- Moist Chocolate Banana Bread (No Chocolate Chips!)
- Chorizo Mushroom Sweet Potato Hash
- Healthy Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Super Moist Nutella Stuffed Banana Muffins