Fluffy, healthy, grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, low carb chocolate chip pancakes made with almond flour, raw honey, and dark chocolate chips!
So here’s the thing. I’m actually more of an avocado toast kinda girl.
A simple piece of toast with smashed avo, salt, pepper, avo oil and red pepper flakes.
Or eggs, bacon, sausage… or even a banana chocolate chip muffin.
But there comes a time when you gotta change things up and make chocolate chip pancakes.
Not just any pancakes – healthy chocolate chip pancakes!
I’ve been experimenting a lot with grain-free flours and let me tell you, these came out pretty freaking delicious! Surprisingly fluffy, nutty in flavor, with a burst of chocolatey goodness.
I was pretty impressed with these bad boys. I enjoyed every bite and didn’t feel bloated or gross. It was just the sweet and savory breakfast.
Added a dollop of homemade coconut yogurt (made with this easy recipe!) for good measure and more chocolate chips, of course.
Can’t wait for you guys to try these healthy chocolate chip pancakes!
I hope you make them and LOVE them!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or as needed)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs, honey, almond milk, and vanilla extract and mix until batter is smooth. Fold in about a 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add about a 1/4 cup of batter at a time into the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side, 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt, maple syrup, and chocolate chips for garnish. Enjoy!
Other Breakfast Recipes:
- Healthy Egg Muffin Cups (Meal Prep Idea!)
- Iced Hazelnut Mocha Cafe Con Leche (Dairy-Free)
- Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Easy Cuban-Style Huevos Rancheros
- Healthy Carrot Cake Banana Bread (Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
- Moist Chocolate Banana Bread (No Chocolate Chips!)
- Chorizo Mushroom Sweet Potato Hash
- Healthy Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Super Moist Nutella Stuffed Banana Muffins