Easy-to-make, deliciously sweet, moist chocolate banana bread made in one bowl! Who doesn’t want chocolate for breakfast?!
What’s better than chocolate chip banana bread? CHOCOLATE banana bread, of course!
There’s just something about banana bread that’s so comforting especially when it’s in the oven. Omg. The smell of baked goods in the oven has to be the best smell everrr. So, let’s talk banana bread, chocolate lovers!
It’s so rich and decadent, you guys. It doesn’t have chocolate chips because well, it doesn’t need it. You can definitely add them, if you’d like, but I just wanted intense chocolatey goodness. The key to super moist banana bread is to use 4 frozen, super ripe (black) bananas and use brown sugar.
Why use brown sugar over granulated sugar?
I always use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar when I make banana bread. Brown sugar keeps baked good moist plus it elevates its flavor. I also believe it gives regular banana bread it’s caramel color.
So your task for today, if you choose to accept it, is to always keep bananas in the freezer. Seriously. I think at this point I purposely buy bananas so I can freeze them.
How long does chocolate banana bread last?
This banana bread will keep for 2 days at room temperature or about 1 week in the fridge.
How do you store chocolate banana bread?
To store the loaf, make sure to wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before storing in the fridge.
Also, because more is more, I made homemade whipped cream too. SO GOOD and honestly, so easy. Tastes better than store-bought whipped cream. All you do is whisk heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until you get soft peaks (about 1 minute) then stop. If you keep whisking, it will get watery and gross.
Just imagine. Moist, rich chocolatey banana bread with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and raspberries? YES PLEASE.
Can’t wait for you guys to make this!
Soft Moist Chocolate Banana BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed, (frozen bananas are perfect because they're extra sweet)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Homemade Whipped Cream (Optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a folded piece of parchment paper in a loaf pan and spray with nonstick spray. This will help remove the loaf later. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together for about 2 minutes until well combined. Add the egg then add the mashed bananas. Mix for 30 seconds, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-65 minutes until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting/serving.
- To make the homemade whipped cream, whisk heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer, at high speed, for about 1 minute until you see soft peaks. Do not overmix or it will fall apart. Homemade whipped cream last 2-3 days in the fridge; 2-3 months in the freezer.
- Serve chocolate banana bread slices with homemade whipped cream and raspberries (optional but delicious). Enjoy!
You may also like:
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
- Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Healthy Carrot Cake Banana Bread (Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)