Banana muffins made with wholesome ingredients and a few chocolate chips because YES! Easy-to-make and ready in 30 minutes from start to finish!
I’m obsessed with bananas. Whenever I have leftover bananas, I get excited because I know baked goods are coming soon!
As time goes on, I continue my search for using up all the bananas I have in my freezer. Well…not right now. I used them up making these delicious banana muffins! Inspired by the wonderful Monique from Ambitious Kitchen + Healthy Glow Guide, these healthy banana chocolate chip muffins come together in just 30 minutes. They are perfect for snacking or breakfast.
Instead of using regular flour, I used whole wheat flour (hello whole grains!) and honey instead of sugar which adds moisture and the perfect amount of sweetness. Plus I added protein powder for some extra umph! When you want one, just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds, add almond butter or just eat as is. Best part is that you can freeze them!
They last up to 3 months in an airtight container or resealable bag. Win! Ever since I found out about these muffins, I’ve made them time and time again, slightly adapted and just as delicious as they look. Now, it’s your turn!
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
Other recipes with ripe bananas:
- super moist chocolate chip banana bread
- chocolate banana bread
- banana chocolate chip muffins
- chocolate hazelnut banana bread
- nutella stuffed banana muffins
- almond butter & guava jelly banana muffins
- banana almond butter ice cream
- double chocolate banana muffins
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, and egg. Mix until well combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined then fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes then serve!
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)