Crushed candy canes, crushed Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and melted dark chocolate result in the easiest, most refreshing, and festive dessert ever – Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Truffles! It’s not December without peppermint, am I right?!
I love peppermint. Two sweet things I love with all of my heart: coconut & peppermint. Well, salted caramel too. And chocolate. And toasted marshmallows. …….. Five things I love with all of my heart: coconut, peppermint, salted caramel, chocolate, and toasted marshmallows.
Since it’s December and Christmas will be here before we know it, let’s focus on peppermint for this post k? It’s hard I know. I love everything about this time of year! Although, it feels like Summer outside because I live in Miami and it’s 100 degrees outside. I’m also wearing flip flops. I make the best of it by making things like these Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Truffles!
If it can’t FEEL like Christmas, it can sure TASTE like it!
This was so easy to make, you guys. Omg, and it was so hard not to just give up, sit on the couch, and just spoon-feed myself this entire mixture. I mean, Oreo cookies AND crushed candy canes in the mix?! Slight crunch with chocolate?! I can’t.
Oreo cookies are my ultimate weakness (so are french fries… ugh, death to calories). These Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Truffles are perfect for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day! Just make sure you store them in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to serve or they WILL melt.
Now go on and make these super chocolatey, festive, and refreshingly minty Oreo truffles!
Recommended For This Recipe
The easiest way to get perfectly uniform cookies or truffles! It’s also dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze.
You may also like:
- Chocolate Frosted Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Coquito Sugar Cookies (Puerto Rican Eggnog)
- Boozy Marshmallow Peppermint Bark
Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 regular-size candy canes finely crushed, divided
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place Oreo cookies in the food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the cream cheese and 2 of the 4 crushed candy canes into the food processor. Pulse until the mixture is well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into 1-inch truffle balls and place on the lined baking sheet. Place truffle balls in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours. Freezing the truffle balls is VERY important. If the truffle balls are not solid, it will be hard to coat with the melted chocolate.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped chocolate and coconut oil and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Careful not to burn!
- Working one truffle at a time, evenly coat in chocolate by swirling the chocolate around the truffle ball with a fork then gently tapping off excess chocolate on the edge of the bowl.
- Place the truffle ball back on baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy canes. Repeat with the rest of the truffle balls. Refrigerate until set before serving.