Switch things up this week by making creamy Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto! This recipe is gluten-free, paleo-friendly, low carb, and delicious!
This mushroom risotto recipe literally took me 25 minutes to make! I adapted the recipe from the awesome, Kevin of Fit Men Cook, and it was beyond easy.
Today, I’m changing things up by using cauliflower rice instead of the arborio rice that you would when you make regular risotto and unsweetened coconut milk instead of regular heavy cream. You can also use unsweetened coconut cream, if you like a thicker consistency.
Few ingredients, 25 minutes, and a healthy alternative for this week’s dinner. Sounds like a plan to me!
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
Cauliflower Mushroom RisottoPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, (1/2 cup unsweetened coconut cream)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese*, shredded or grated
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a nonstick skillet, on medium high heat, add olive oil and garlic. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushroom. Cook for about 3-5 minutes then add the cauliflower rice. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Careful not to let it burn!
- Add coconut milk (or cream), chicken broth and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low then cover and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, until desired creamy consistency. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You may also like:
- 15-Minute Kimchi Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Arroz Con Pollo (Low Carb!)
- 15-Minute Cauliflower Congri (Cuban-Style Black Beans & Cauliflower Rice)
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)