This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over. Please drink responsibly. #AuthenticClamatoFlavor
The first time I tried a Michelada was at brunch many moons ago. I, honestly, thought a Bloody Mary and a Michelada were one in the same. Then it was explained to me that a Michelada is made with beer instead of vodka. Plus a Bloody Mary has a whole bunch of fun garnishes on it; sometimes resembling an entire meal. They both have tomato juice, hot sauce, and spices. Bloody Marys are typically served at Brunch, but Micheladas can be enjoyed throughout the day whenever you want to spark a little fun. So, in an effort to recreate this fun cocktail, I decided to marry the two. This is my version of a smoky Michelada with fun bloody mary garnishes!
I was able to find all of the ingredients needed for this recipe while doing my weekly shopping at my local Publix. Aside from the celery, pickles, olives, beer and shrimp, I grabbed Clamato® Original, the most authentic tomato juice and the star of this show. Clamato is a key ingredient in many delicious foods and drinks traditionally served during the Lenten season.
How To Make A Smoky Michelada Beer Cocktail
To start things off, I ran a lime wedge around the rim of each glass. Then I placed each glass upside down on a plate with a chili salt mixture, coating each rim. Not only did it give the glasses some character, it made this cocktail taste even better!
Next, you evenly divide the Clamato, fresh lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and chipotle powder into each glass. Stir it up then top each glass off with the beer. It’s that easy! The Clamato gives this cocktail a light, sweet, tangy taste. The hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and chipotle powder provide the smoky flavor. Can’t get more authentic than that!
The fun part is adding all the garnishes to these smoky Micheladas. I added fresh ingredients like celery, shrimp, sliced pickles, a jalapeño, a cherry tomato, and olives. Feel free to add whatever you’d like!
Can’t wait for you guys to try it!
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Tajin seasoning, (or chili powder)
- Lime wedges
- Ice cubes
- 6 ounces Clamato® Original juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 bottle Mexican lager beer
- Garnishes: celery, shrimp, pickles, olives, jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, lime wedges
- Mix together sea salt and Tajin (or chili powder) on a plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass. Place each glass upside down on the chili salt, coating the rim.
- Fill each glass with ice. Evenly divide Clamato® Original juice, fresh lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and chipotle powder. Stir then top off with the beer.
- Garnish with celery, shrimp, pickles, olives, jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, and/or lime wedges. Enjoy!
Click here to save $1.00 on one 64oz Clamato (any flavor, including Clamato Original and Clamato Limon). Offer valid on Clamato 64oz Bottles, 3/1/19 – 4/7/19, or while supplies last. Limit one per customer.