This mango salsa is an easy recipe made with just 5 ingredients – ripe diced mango, chopped red onions, diced jalapeno, chopped cilantro, and fresh lime juice. You can serve this salsa with tortilla chips or use it as a topping for grilled chicken, fish, burgers, tacos, and more. Tastes deliciously fresh with a slightly spicy kick!
When you grow up in South Florida, you’re sometimes blessed with a mango tree in your backyard. I was one of those blessed people!
To this day, my parents still have the mango tree in their backward. This only means that whenever mango season comes around, I make ALL the things – mango jam, mango Moscow mule, mango berry iced tea sangria, and then I decided to make this delicious mango salsa!
It tastes SO refreshing, tart, sweet, with a slight kick. It’s SO good!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Mango. Gently squeeze them at the grocery store to make sure they are ripe. You want them to be soft yet firm. That’s the perfect ripeness!
- Red onion.
- Lime juice.
How To Cut a Mango
- First, place the mango on the cutting board and slice a small piece of the bottom to help stand it up as you slice it.
- Next, stand the mango up on the cutting board and cut a slice as close to the pit as you can. Do the same on the other side. You should have two halves.
- Take one of the halves and score it, being careful not to slice through the peel, by making vertical and horizontal lines with your knife. It should look like cubes (little squares). Do the same with the other half.
- Invert the mango so the cubes are sticking out then use a knife to cut them off the peel of both halves.
How To Make Mango Salsa
- In a bowl, add the diced mango, chopped red onion, and minced jalapeño and gently mix together until well combined.
- Squeeze lime juice over the mango salsa and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with chips or as a topping for tacos.
How to Use Mango Salsa
You can use this salsa as a dip and serve it with tortilla chips. You can also serve it on top of grilled chicken, fish, salads, fajitas, black bean burgers, jerk shrimp tacos, blackened salmon, or spicy fish tacos.
How To Store Mango Salsa
You can store the salsa in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days (if it even lasts that long!). If you have any leftovers, you can freeze the salsa in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
You may also like:
- Quick + Easy Homemade Fire Roasted Salsa
- Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Avocado Chimichurri Fish Tacos
Easy Mango Salsa
- 2 large mangoes ripe, peeled, pitted, and diced (2 cups)
- 1 small red onion (1/3 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeño minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- In a bowl, add the diced mango, chopped red onion, and minced jalapeño and mix together until well combined.
- Squeeze lime juice over the mango salsa and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with chips or as a topping for tacos. Enjoy!