Jerk shrimp tacos! Spicy shrimp tacos made with homemade jerk seasoning then topped with mango salsa. Easy 15-minute recipe for any day of the week!
The first time I ever had jerk shrimp was at this little hole in the wall near my house. It was pretty delicious and it was spicy. Personally, I like my jerk seasoning a little less spicy but it definitely should have a nice kick. I went home to try to recreate it (as I usually do after I discover a new food I love) and BOOM. These jerk shrimp tacos were born!
Taco night will never be the same with these jerk shrimp tacos. They’re an easy weeknight dinner that comes together quickly. This jerk shrimp is ready in 15 minutes!
Here’s what I did to bring this recipe to life!
Ingredients For Homemade Jerk Seasoning
- allspice seasoning
- brown sugar
- ground ginger
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
How To Make Jerk Shrimp Tacos
- Make the homemade jerk seasoning. In a bowl, combine all the spices and brown sugar.
- Toss the shrimp. In a bowl, add the shrimp, olive oil, and seasoning micgture. Toss until all is well combined.
- Cook the shrimp. In a large skillet, cook shrimp at medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble the tacos. Divide shrimp evenly among the warm tortillas and top with mango salsa. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
I made the mango salsa to balance out the heat of this jerk shrimp taco recipe and it was the perfect pairing!
Simple, delicious, ready in 15 minutes!
You may also like:
- Avocado Chimichurri Fish Tacos
- Shrimp in Garlic Sauce (Camarones Al Ajillo)
- Basil Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
- 15-Minute Spicy Fish Tacos
Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 2 teaspoons allspice seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Shrimp Taco Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Homemade Mango Salsa Recipe
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, jerk seasoning, and olive oil. Toss the shrimp to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook shrimp at medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide shrimp evenly among the warm tortillas and top with mango salsa. Serve immediately with lime wedges. Enjoy!
Originally posted in May 2017. Updated recipe + photos in March 2021.