Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa. Spicy jerk shrimp paired with a refreshing mango salsa on corn tortillas! Perfect for any day of the week!
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that I love spicy sweet things, right?
Like hi, have we met?
In case we haven’t…hi, my name is Jamie and I love spicy sweet things! *waves* Enjoy your stay. :)
These jerk shrimp tacos were pretty epic. The first time I ever had jerk shrimp was at this little hole in the wall near my house. Literally I had been living in this area for over 5 years and I never knew that place existed. Talk about being terrible at exploring your surroundings. I blame working too many hours and Miami traffic. Glad those days are over.
What’s the first thing you order at a Jamaican hole in the wall? Jerk anything. Duh. At least, that’s what I did. The jerk shrimp was pretty delicious but it was spicy af. I like my jerk seasoning a little less spicy but it definitely should have a nice kick. I went home to try to recreate it (as I usually do after I discover a new food I love) and boom!
These jerk shrimp tacos were born. Look how cute they are!
I made the mango salsa to balance out the heat of these jerk shrimp tacos and it was the perfect pairing!
Simple, delicious, ready in 15 minutes. I mean what else can you ask for really…
[clickToTweet tweet=”Can’t wait to make these Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa! #asassyspoon” quote=”Can’t wait to make these Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa! #asassyspoon”]
I hope you make these and LOVE them!
Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Mango SalsaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup mango, , peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, , chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves, , chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, , minced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons allspice seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, , peeled and deveined
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Corn tortillas
- In a bowl, add mango, red onion, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeño (if using) and mix all together. Place in the refrigerator until ready.
- In a bowl, combine all the spices, brown sugar, and olive oil. Toss in shrimp and coat with the spice mixture. Add olive oil to a skillet. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide shrimp evenly among the warm tortillas and top with mango salsa. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)