Tacos with shrimp marinated in tequila, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and topped with red cabbage, avocado, cilantro and a drizzle of sour cream!
If you were to bet me $100 to take a shot of tequila, I’d probably lose. I absolutely hate tequila. I know, right? WHO AM I. Seriously though, I went too hard in my younger years and now I just don’t care for it.
I don’t, however, mind cooking with it.
Case in point, these tequila chili-lime shrimp tacos! These were pretty damn good and so easy to make.
How To Make Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Marinate the shrimp. First, the shrimp is marinated in tequila, lime juice, cumin, and Trader Joe’s Chili-Lime Seasoning for about 15 minutes. Have you tried TJ’s Chili-Lime Seasoning? SO GOOD. I’ve already used it way too much. I love it. If you don’t have a TJ’s nearby, you can totally use chili powder.
- Cook the shrimp. Pan-fry the shrimp with a little bit of oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble the tacos. Once the shrimp are cooked, make tacos with all your favorite toppings!
You get a slightly spicy taco with a hint of tequila. It’s like boozy shrimp! But better – because TACOS!
Whether it’s Taco Tuesday, Cinco De Mayo or just because I highly recommend these bomb tacos.
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, (or you can use TJ's chili-lime seasoning)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12-14 corn tortillas, warm
- red cabbage, thinly sliced
- avocado, diced
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- sour cream, for drizzling
- 2 scallions, sliced
- In a bowl, combine tequila, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well then toss shrimp in marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator and pan fry for 2-3 minutes, or until bright pinkish orange. Set cooked shrimps aside.
- Divide red cabbage, shrimp, avocado, evenly among the warm tortillas. Drizzle with sour cream and top with scallions. Serve immediately. Enjoy!