Tacos with shrimp marinated in tequila, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and topped with red cabbage, avocado, cilantro and a drizzle of sour cream!
If you were to bet me $100 to take a shot of tequila, I’d probably lose. I absolutely hate tequila. I know, right? WHO AM I. Seriously though, I went too hard in my younger years and now I just don’t care for it.
I don’t however mind cooking with it.
Case in point: Tequila Chili-Lime Shrimp Tacos!
These were pretty damn good. The shrimp is marinated in tequila, lime juice, cumin, and Trader Joe’s Chili-Lime Seasoning for about 15 minutes before pan fried to perfection. Have you tried TJ’s Chili-Lime Seasoning? SO GOOD. I’ve already used it way too much. I love it.
If you don’t have a TJ’s nearby, you can totally use chili powder.
You get a slight spicy with a hint of tequila. It’s like boozy shrimp! But better – because TACOS!
Whether it’s Taco Tuesday, Cinco De Mayo or just because, I highly recommend these bomb shrimp tacos.
Tequila Chili-Lime Shrimp Tacos
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or you can use TJ's chili-lime seasoning)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12-14 corn tortillas warm
- red cabbage thinly sliced
- avocado diced
- cilantro roughly chopped
- sour cream for drizzling
- 2 scallions sliced
- In a bowl, combine tequila, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well then toss shrimp in marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator and pan fry for 2-3 minutes, or until bright pinkish orange. Set cooked shrimps aside.
- Divide red cabbage, shrimp, avocado, evenly among the warm tortillas. Drizzle with sour cream and top with scallions. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)