A homemade Cuban seasoning for meats, poultry, and veggies made with garlic, onion, oregano, salt, pepper, parsley, and cumin!
Ah, the spice mix of my childhood. My favorite seasoning mix of all time! It’s super versatile and really elevates the taste of all my favorite dishes. I’ll be honest, I sometimes just add a teaspoon of this mix and don’t even bother with measuring out other spices. It pretty much has all I need!
While this seasoning may be available in grocery stores, I find that a lot of them are made with additives and MSG which I’m not a fan of. Not to mention, it’s way cheaper to just make this seasoning mix myself. Here’s the gist of it.
This Cuban seasoning is a blend of:
Sounds good to me! I like to think of this spice mix as a shortcut of all my favorite seasonings all in one bottle.
A few recipes made with this Cuban seasoning:
- Easy Mojo Chicken Breast Recipe
- Cuban-Style Crispy Shredded Chicken (Vaca Frita de Pollo)
- Healthy Mojo Chicken Caesar Salad with Plantain Croutons (Dairy-Free!)
The recipe below makes 4 ounces which equates to about 24 teaspoons of seasoning. You can add it to sandwiches, shrimp, salads, veggies, meat, poultry… pretty much everything!
Can’t wait for you to enjoy it!
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- In a small air-tight container, add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, parsley, and oregano.
- Stir to combine. Store for up to 6 months.