In case you didn’t know or in case I haven’t mentioned it enough, I absolutely LOVE to bake! Seriously, it’s one of my favorite things to do.
I have no control.
I either have to give it all away IMMEDIATELY or I have to make something that I discovered fairly recently – small batch goodies! Who knew this existed?! Well, probably everyone else but me.
And I have to tell you – I’m obsessed!
Because sometimes you just don’t want an entire sheet pan cake OR you don’t have a springform pan for cheesecake OR you actually want to NOT gain 10 lbs in one sitting from eating all the brownies.
All valid reasons. Small batch is indeed the answer to my prayers!
Funny story. I actually made 6 cheesecakes for a client this past week. SIX!
Do you know how much cream cheese that is?!
People at Costco were probably looking at me like I was crazy. “Why is that girl buying so much cream cheese?” “Does she have an addiction?” “Is she a hoarder?”
Haha. Seriously, so. much. cream. cheese.
Making cheesecake, the traditional way, in a springform pan can be a little high maintenance. You gotta make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature. You can’t overmix, overbake, underbake…you have to make sure you bake in a water bath and you can’t refrigerate too soon.
I mean, it’s like really cheesecake? You are THAT demanding. Geez.
I found that making this small batch cheesecake with some of the leftover cream cheese however was NOT as complicated as the others I’d made last week.
That or maybe I became a pro already? Who knows. Bottom line is – this is WAY easier to make! I promise!
This Small Batch Salted Caramel Pretzel Cheesecake is made in a loaf pan and makes 5 slices.Can't wait to make this small batch salted caramel pretzel cheesecake! #asassyspoonClick To Tweet
And well, look at those crunchy bits. YUM!
The crust is made of crushed pretzels and crushed graham crackers but you can truly make this your own by adding whatever other crushed cookies you have in your pantry.
From Oreos to wafers, the sky’s really the limit.
The filling is simple. Cream cheese, sugar, an egg, vanilla extract and cornstarch to avoid cracks. Did I mention you can make this in a loaf pan? I mean that’s really the best part of this whole thing.
No springform pan? No problem.
I love this combo SO MUCH. Salted caramel and pretzels. I’m team salty sweet FOR LIFE!
It’s no secret that salted caramel is one of my favorite dessert flavors. Making this Small Batch Salted Caramel Pretzel Cheesecake was a no brainer.
I hope you LOVE it as much as I do!
Deliciously creamy, small batch salted caramel pretzel cheesecake made with graham crackers, pretzels, and salted caramel.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crushed
- 1/2 cup pretzels crushed (plus more for sprinkling)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup salted caramel (recipe in notes)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and grease the pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix graham crackers, pretzels, butter, and sugar together. Pour crust mixture into the loaf pan and press down using the bottom of a cup. Bake the crust for 22-24 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. In a stand mixer, mix together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg, vanilla, and cornstarch and mix, while scraping down the sides, until all is well combined.
- Once the crust is done, pour the cheesecake filling on top and smooth evenly. Bake the cheesecake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool completely then refrigerate the cheesecake for 4 hours. Remove the chilled cheesecake from the pan. Drizzle with salted caramel and crushed pretzels. Slice and serve. Enjoy!