A very simple homemade, sweet salted caramel recipe made with just 4 ingredients! Perfect for cookies, brownies, cakes, breads, just about anything!
To know me is to know that I am completely obsessed with salted caramel!
Well, I love all things sweet and salty so this should be no surprise to you. ;)
Never tried salted caramel before? Here’s what you can expect. A sauce that is sweet, sticky, buttery, salty, and truly decadent. Just make sure to let it cool before you take a spoonful of it. I know it will be hard to resist BUT… you WILL burn your tongue so be careful! If it looks too thin when you’re making it, don’t worry. The caramel will thicken as it cools.
Here are some recipes you can make with salted caramel:
- Homemade Salted Caramel Popcorn
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookie Bars
- Salted Caramel Skillet S’mores
- Häagen-Dazs Inspired Salted Caramel Cone Ice Cream
Aside from that, you can drizzle it on fruit, spoon it over chocolate chip banana bread, give it as a gift, or just keep it all for yourself.
I mean, I would NOT blame you.
Here’s the super simple recipe courtesy of Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Easy 4-Ingredient Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, heat sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Be careful not to burn it.
- Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the butter. The caramel will bubble rapidly when the butter is added. Be careful. Stir the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Very slowly, drizzle in the heavy cream while stirring. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute. It will rise in the pan as it boils. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt. Let cool before using.
Looking for other sauce ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce