Dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar free coconut key lime pie bars made with wholesome ingredients. The perfect dessert for just about any occasion!
This post was sponsored by Simple Mills. All opinions are my own.
Time and time again, I struggle with what to bring to family potlucks. See, when you have a family that is plagued with dietary restrictions, your options for bringing dessert to dinner are limited. My sister is lactose intolerant and my niece is vegan. My father and brother in law are both diabetic. Another family member of ours is gluten-free.
So you can just imagine what my brain goes through to be able to bring a dessert that everyone can enjoy. After a while, there are just so many times I can bring avocado black bean brownies without them saying… “again?”
This is why I’m SO happy to partner with Simple Mills today to bring you a new, delicious, vegan and gluten-free dessert – Coconut Key Lime Pie Bars!
In case you’ve never heard of Simple Mills, they are true life savers. From cookies and crackers to box mixes and frosting, all their products are grain-free, gluten-free, and without any artificial flavors or junk ingredients. This truly saved the day for me when it came to making desserts that my family can enjoy!
What I love most about their baking mixes is just how versatile they really are. As a matter of fact, I made the crust for these coconut key lime pie bars using Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix instead of the traditional graham cracker crust. I know right!? That’s what makes these bars – grain-free and gluten-free!
I promise these coconut key lime pie bars are not as complicated as they sound. Thanks to Simple Mills, all you need for the crust is the Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix, coconut oil, shredded coconut, and raw honey. Mix it all together. Bake. Done and done. (You can find Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix at Thrive Market by clicking here!)
Look how good it looks!
How To Make Coconut Key Lime Pie Bars
Ok, let’s talk key lime pie. Having grown up (and still living) in Florida, we’re no stranger to key lime pie. It’s basically on every menu here and we totally get why. Sweet, tart. Rich and creamy. I’m practically drooling over here. It’s the perfect dessert for any potluck (or any day, really). So in the spirit of everyone in my family being able to have dessert, I made these easy to make, creamy, vegan, gluten-free coconut key lime pie bars using only the best ingredients.
The rich, creamy filling is then made in a blender with cashews, coconut milk, key lime juice (this one is my fave), coconut oil, raw honey and lime zest. Blend it up. Pour it over the cooled crust and place in the fridge.
Next comes the hard part – WAITING.
I know, I know…but I promise they are SO worth the wait! The taste of these coconut key lime pie bars is tart, naturally sweet, with the best creamy texture. And with the whipped coconut cream topping? Just perfect. I can’t wait to share this with my family at the next dinner party.
I hope you love this recipe just as much as I do!
Coconut Key Lime Pie Bars (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 box Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
Key Lime Filling
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, drained
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, both solid + liquid mixed together
- 1/2 cup key lime juice, or 4 large limes or 8 key limes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoons lime zest
Whipped Coconut Cream Topping
- 1 cup coconut cream, , chilled about 2 hours
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Toasted coconut and lime wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine Simple Mills Artisan Bread Mix with melted/cooled coconut oil, shredded coconut and honey. Mix until combined then press evenly into the pan. Prick holes into the dough with a toothpick to allow steam to escape while it's baking. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven. Set aside and let cool.
- Into a blender, add cashews, coconut milk, key lime juice, coconut oil, and honey. Blend until completely smooth. Fold in lime zest. Pour the mixture on top of the crust. Chill for about 4 hours until set.
- To make the whipped coconut cream topping, beat chilled coconut cream in a bowl until stiff peaks, about 5 minutes. Add in honey and mix until well combined.
- Cut chilled bars into squares. Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, toasted coconut, and lime wedge. Enjoy!
Thank you Simple Mills for sponsoring this post and a HUGE thank you to all the readers of this blog for all your support! xo
SHOP THE RECIPE