Batido de Trigo! A creamy, classic Cuban milkshake made with sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, and puffed wheat cereal. You and your family will not get enough of this indulgent treat!
To know me is to know that a batido de trigo is my all-time favorite milkshake.
Maybe it’s because it’s nostalgic or maybe it’s because it’s deliciously creamy. Either way, a batido de trigo (translated to wheat milkshake) is a classic Cuban milkshake made with sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, sugar, and puffed wheat cereal. I know it sounds weird to add puffed wheat cereal to a milkshake but trust me here. I’ve been enjoying this recipe since birth and honestly, I’ve never grown tired of it.
If you weren’t born in a Cuban family or in South Florida, all this is foreign to you. You can find this milkshake served at Cuban restaurants for breakfast or as a late night treat along with many other fruit varieties. This one for some reason was just always my favorite one.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here are the 5 key ingredients you need for this deliciously creamy wheat milkshake!
- Whole milk. If you wanted to keep this dairy-free, you can use cashew milk!
- Sweetened condensed milk.
- Puffed Cereal.
- Sugar. I like to add 3 tablespoons of sugar however you can adjust this needed.
- Pinch of salt.
How To Make A Cuban Batido De Trigo
To make this Cuban wheat milkshake, add milk, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, puffed wheat cereal, a pinch of salt, and ice to a high-speed blender. Blend the ingredients until smooth then serve. That’s it!
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
You may also like:
- How To Make Cuban Coffee (Café Cubano)
- Iced Hazelnut Mocha Cafe Con Leche (Dairy-Free)
- Chorizo Mushroom Sweet Potato Hash
- Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Batido de Trigo (Cuban Wheat Shake)
- To a high-speed blender, add milk, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, puffed wheat cereal, salt, and ice.
- Blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!