Soft, chewy, rich, and delicious chocolate chip cookies. Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. This one is mine and it’s the BEST!
There’s just something so irresistible about soft chocolate chip cookies!
If I’m ever in a restaurant and I see some kind of chocolate chip cookie dessert on the dessert menu, 9 out of 10 times, that’s what I order. Or maybe the chocolate soufflé or salted caramel something. A brownie. Or nutella pizza. Oooo.
I may have been a cookie monster in another life. He is, after all, my spirit animal.
These cookies are 100% not healthy but they make me happy. Balance, right? That goes for mental states of mind too. ;)
The best tip(s) I can give you about making these soft, rich, chewy chocolate chip cookies is:
- Don’t over mix the dough. TRUST. It will be a DISASTER of flat, pancake-like cookies. NOT OK.
- Use this cookie scoop! You will get the perfect size cookie each time.
- Freeze the dough before you bake. The longer they chill, the longer the ingredients solidify making the cookies spread less. No, you cannot skip this step. Promise, it’s worth the wait.
And my favorite tip of all? ALWAYS have frozen cookie dough in the freezer. You can keep homemade cookie dough in the freezer for up to 6 months. Comes in handy for rainy days, when company comes over, or when you need a sweet pick-me-up.
Best New Year’s Resolution I’ve ever made.
I’ve received SO many compliments about these soft chocolate chip cookies. Seriously, go make a batch right now and freeze the rest.
You’ll thank me later when that craving kicks in! ;)
[clickToTweet tweet=”BRB. Gonna go make the BEST soft chocolate chip cookies ever! #asassyspoon” quote=”BRB. Gonna go make the BEST soft chocolate chip cookies ever! #asassyspoon”]
I hope you make them and LOVE them!
The BEST Chewy, Rich, Soft Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, I use a mix of Ghirardelli 60% cacao and semi-sweet
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar together for a few minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined but do NOT over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough and form into 1" balls. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate the dough balls for, at least, 2 hours (the longer, the better). You can freeze any leftover dough for future use.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from freezer. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place dough balls on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes until the edges are golden brown. It's ok if they are a little on the raw side, they will continue to bake as they cool. Remove from oven, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and serve warm. Enjoy!
SHOP THE RECIPE
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)