Spiralized zucchini noodles topped with a peppery arugula pesto and sautéed shrimp. A super easy dinner for those busy weeks!
This 15-Minute Zucchini Noodles with Arugula Pesto + Shrimp recipe is no exception.
Not only does it have shrimp but it has zucchini too! I love spiralizing my veggies. Do you have a spiralizer? I use this one because it’s lightweight, doesn’t take up room in my small kitchen and has the blades ATTACHED. That was the selling point for me. No extra pieces that might get lost? Sign me up!
Making a healthy dinner has never been easier!
Oh but let’s not forget my other favorite star of this show – arugula. I swear I can eat arugula straight out the bag! Like a snack. Like a goat. LOL. Like me, arugula is the Greatest Of All Time. Bad joke, don’t leave please.
Making this simple arugula pesto was a breeze and SO flavorful. I’ve already used it on chicken and even as a dipping sauce. If you can’t have shrimp, you can still enjoy these Zucchini Noodles with Arugula Pesto by themselves or with chicken.
I love easy meals like this for those crazy busy weeks. Promise you’ll love this too!
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Here you go!
- Shrimp Salad with Mango Mojito Dressing
- Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Tequila Chili-Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Cuban-Style Deviled Shrimp (Camarones Enchilados)
- Healthy Chicken & Shrimp Paella
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
15-minute Zucchini Noodles with Arugula Pesto + Shrimp
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt + pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add the arugula, cheese, pine nuts, garlic, lemon and salt and pulse for about 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl then turn on processor again and blend while slowly drizzling the olive oil into the mixture. Scrape down the sides again (if necessary) and blend again if mixture is not well combined. Once all ingredients are processed, transfer arugula pesto to an 8 oz jar.*
- In a hot skillet, add zucchini noodles and sauté for 2 minutes. You don't want them to lose their crunch so don't salt them nor overcook them. Remove from heat immediately and transfer to a bowl.
- Once the zucchini noodles have cooled a bit, add a few tablespoons of the arugula pesto on top and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper then cook in the same skillet on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes. Transfer zucchini noodles to a plate. Top with shrimp and enjoy!
Looking for other sauce ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce
Thank you for being here! <3
This page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)