Salmon with a spicy rub and a spiralized cucumber noodle salad with a creamy avocado dill dressing. A healthy dinner ready in just 25 minutes!
I have a STRONG feeling this 25-minute spicy salmon dinner will become part to your rotation. Why? Because it became part of mine!
Of course it did, right? I love salmon. From Blackened Salmon with Mango Rum Sauce to Honey Soy Glazed Salmon, I can have it for dinner every week. Salmon is one of those staples that I always have on hand in my freezer. Versatile, heart healthy, and it cooks on the stove in just 8 minutes.
I mean if that doesn’t scream weeknight meal, I don’t know what does.
Also, I’m sure you’ve heard me mention time and time again how much I LOVE my Inspiralizer. You can use a julienne peeler for the cucumber in this recipe but I HIGHLY recommend the Inspiralizer. I use mine all the time.
What a great pairing, you guys. The crunch of the cucumber noodles with the deliciously creamy avocado dill dressing and the heat of the spicy salmon. SO YUM! This is a great middle-of-the-week meal that I’m sure the whole family will love.
Make it tonight! Just 25 minutes!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Can’t wait to make this Spicy Salmon with Cucumber Noodles + Avocado Dill Dressing! #asassyspoon” quote=”Can’t wait to make this Spicy Salmon with Cucumber Noodles + Avocado Dill Dressing! #asassyspoon”]
I hope you make it and LOVE it!
Spicy Salmon with Cucumber Noodles & Avocado Dill Dressing
- 4 salmon fillets wild caught
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil you can also use olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cucumbers
Avocado Dill Dressing
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup fresh dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the chili powder, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Lay the salmon filets on a clean work surface and sprinkle the spice mix evenly over each filet, rubbing it on all sides.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add 2 of the salmon filets and cook, undisturbed for about 4 minutes. Flip the filets and cook for another 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining 2 filets. Set aside.
- To make the avocado dill dressing, blend avocado, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, pepper, and water in a blender. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Spiralize the cucumbers into thin ribbons-like strands (Blade A on Inspiralizer*). Pat the cucumber noodles dry with paper towels. Mix the cucumber noodles with the avocado dill dressing gently then serve with salmon. Enjoy!
Looking for other sauce ideas?
- Avocado Chimichurri
- Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Homemade Lightened Up Chipotle Mayo
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Garlic Chimichurri
- Avocado Crema
- Mango Rum Sauce
- Lightened Up Big Mac Sauce
- Arugula Pesto
- Homemade Lightened Up Caesar Dressing
- Mango Mojito Dressing
- Avocado Dill Dressing
- Homemade Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Guava BBQ Sauce
Thank you for being here!
This page contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the product links above and complete a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. Do understand that I will never place a link nor make a recommendation on a product or service that I don’t love or use personally. Thank you for keeping A Sassy Spoon, sassy. ;)